Help BMW 1200 GS 2004 model

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pistol

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I have had this bike for most of its 65000 odd km, and everything been going like a dream - fitted a ADV tank some time back for a trip up to Malawi, and could never get the fuel indicator to work for the larger tank - tried everything, even fitted a new fuel reader thingy inside the tank from a GS Adventure - but no luck, anyway, came to terms with that as I see there are many others with problems with that - I just know that I can do 280km plus on reserve when the light comes on!!!!

So the problem I am now experiencing, is that the digital display on the screen is now playing games with me - sometimes it works perfectly, and then others - and it is happening more and more now, the numbers are all over the place - so bad that you cannot read it at all - and here is my problem, I cannot read the mileage done all the time, so not sure how much fuel left in the tank!! Sometimes it is almost completely blank, and will come on sometime during the ride.

Any suggestions as to what it could be - loose plug somewhere??? If I have the garmin on it is no problem, as I can calculate distance - I also know that once I see the fuel light come on to start measuring distances in my mind before filling up on longer trips!

Not the end of the world, but would like to see if anybody has similar experiences?

Latest posts