Help needed - How to sync phone, garmin and bike comm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinusBez

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Vespa (all models)
Hello fellow dogs

I recently bought a Scala Packtalk duo and before removing all the helmet liners I wanted to test it and make sure it works. Sync with the phone no problem and all is well.
However, my Garmin Zumo 395LM has this supposed app whereby I won't need to get a handlebar mount for my phone and control everything from the Garmin only problem is how.

On the Garmin it sees the packtalk but it fails to connect after entering the default passkey of 0000. The phone sync's with the Garmin but don't know whether that is correct. In my mind it should be because how else will the Garmin know whether I'm receiving calls or not. There is also a display on the Garmin under Bluetooth setting to connect to phone and "headset"

The instructions aren't very clear either and suspect there might be some sequencing poetry that one must follow.

What do I want to do:
1. Be able to accept calls by pressing the button on the Garmin when it comes in. I have no desire to make calls unless there is an emergency
2. Listen to music via the Garmin app function. Right now it plays through the Garmin's speaker and not the headset perhaps because the Garmin and headset is not connected via Bluetooth
3. When using the Garmin to hear the warning for the plotted route or whatever to warn via the headset speakers
4. Connecting to other riders isn't a priority at present but it seems easy enough to figure out.

I saw in some post Draadwerk commenting on a sequence but can't seem to find that thread.

Cheers
Tinus