Help with ATGATT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franky3

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hi, I am close to buying a 250 to get into things with the end plan to be on a klr650 within a year or two. So the gear I want to buy now is not top of the range kinda stuff but IMHO it is 100% for what I am going to do with it.

I am planning on buying a spirit dsv2 helmet, spirit long tour jacket, and the spirit long gloves with knuckle protection. Yes yes I know I know. I am not trying to look like I get sponsored by spirit. I find their prices and quality to be good and the reviews and people I have ask all say the same thing. Ok now that that is out of the way. I am also thinking of getting the pants from them but, because I am on a tight budget I were wondering if that could be bought on a later stage. The other thing is boots. Now just to explain a bit. The 250 is a dual purpose style bike but more like 70% on road and 30% off road. I will also not be doing any heavy duty off road riding, more like gravel roads every now and then, other than that I will be using it on the road. The bike would be used for work and back most of the time. So I were thinking of the W2 adventure boot. I might be able to pick up a second hand pair for R2k. I know they do not have that much protection. My question is, what other boot out there will be better and "fit in my wallet". Keep in mind what it is going to be used for.

Just to keep some of the guys calm. I will be upgrading my boots and other gear when I decide to do more tactical riding and get into the whole dual sport bike scene and bigger bikes. I have seen what happens when sh!t goes wrong.

I hope to get some feed back.

Thank you.