• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

HERE GOES MY XR500RE PROJECT - NOT REALLY FOR SALE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spokie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Well, before I totally fall in love with this model of HONDA I decided to call it a day, cut my losses and move to something else non-vintage.

I have a perfectly running XR500RE (1984) and one in parts.
The one in parts equals:
* A complete XR500RE engine (at least... :)) with its double carboratorium.
* Refurbished rear shock (by the master of suspensions superfoxi)
* Fuel tank.
* Airbox.
* Bellyplate (or bashplate).
* Two XR500RE frames in fair condition.
* Three swingarms all well (accept for one which needs bearings and a pivot shaft)
* All the plastics decent and with headlight.
* Wiring-loom (plug and play sort of setup... so I was told).
* A real spotless rear wheel (rim and tyre) with drum brake system and its rear brake pedal.
* Also very good condition XR500R frontend which incl. wheel, tyre and forks (the tripple clamp is a mixture of the RE and the R model and therefore not functional... hey, thats how I got it  :p).
* Two side stands.
* A Seat (needs to recover some where).
* Two handle bars, a Renthal and a... (crap, forgot the other make, but both are fairly new and one has definitely not been used before). Remembered: Protaper
* Master brake cylinder and lever, clutch lever and cables and lots of bits and odd stuff... bla-bla-bla!

That's it, I'm finished... I do not have the infrastructure around to keep a bike like this, the RE, running in a one horse town and as I've said am looking for something that has parts readily available.

Oh, I forgot to add - With these two bikes I can add a very rare item and that is THE PAPERS! One are the documents proving its scraped and the other are those to show it is on the road (needs a roadworthy though).

Any offers  ;D?
A trade would also be highly considered - wich fall in the class Anno Domini 2004 till today of an offroad 400 or 450

Here's some pickies of the running one.

Attachments

• XR500RE c.jpg
    XR500RE c.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 700
  • XR500RE a.jpg
    XR500RE a.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 705
  • XR500RE b.jpg
    XR500RE b.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 705