Hi all, XR250 Tornado rider checking in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR125L
Hi everyone. I ride a Honda XR250 Tornado when I'm in SA, and I'm hoping to do some exploring of the wilder side of beautiful SA on it, staying off the beaten track as much as possible. I'd like to cross SA coast-to-coast purely on gravel/dirt roads, if possible. I'm from Pietermaritzburg, but currently live in the UK (where I ride a Suzuki RF900 when it's not raining). I used to visit home for a month or two at a time prior to Covid, but I haven't been back to SA since before the pandemic started, so my poor XR250 is sitting in my parents' garage alone and unloved.

I'm hoping to come back to SA for a few months later this year and do some riding! I'm lucky enough to be able to work online and I can do my job from anywhere there's an internet connection, really, so I'm looking forward to doing some great rides back in SA!

I've been riding street bikes since I was 15 (39 now) but am a relatively newbie to dirt/adventure riding.