Hogsbash 4 dogs and a lady d1,d2,d3,d4+5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 3:

Halfway through the night I was woken by the sound of rain. "O shucks, is the Checkers special going to hold up?" I thought. I closed the flap which I had left open, put in my earplugs, and fell asleep again. Early morning the rain cleared up, and one after the other the dogs rose. Kilroy was quite a site for sore eyes in his red little number which looked like it was stuffed with a few potatoes. ;D

We rode around Hogsback, and then went for a lekker breakfast at Ninas. Ball&Chain was going to look for fairies & pixies, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to go for a ride. "Let's go to Katberg Pass, it's only 26km as the crow flies, 56km by road" Watermat said. It sounded like an easy ride, so off the three of us went while briv stayed close to home base to attend to the spit.

Ninas
photo018fn0.jpg

We found michnus, metaljockey & co at Seymour, and followed them to the hotel for something to drink. B&C, Watermat and myself set off for the pass, halfway up we ran into another group that came from the other way. We stopped for photos, and then tackled the rest.

Seymour
photo020dm5.jpg

View from about halfway up
photo022nr3.jpg

photo024ga6.jpg

Myself, watermat, ball&chain
photo023gt4.jpg

This was seriously slow territory, I did not want to break anything here. First gear most of the way, idling over the rocks and through the holes. This was not a place to loose momentum or stop, you just had to continue. We all made it safely to the top, where we stopped for some photos.

View from the top
photo033zw9.jpg

Then the three of us set off towards Whittlesea, where we fuelled and set off to homebase via some gravel. We arrived at Hogsback about 17:30, and saw that the spit had taken on a new meaning.

We were really hungry after a nice long ride, and settled in for the evenings festivities.

Jeesh, thats a nice area. Beautiful pics Nicki.

Now, about the evening's festivities..... 8) ;D

Kaboef said:
Jeesh, thats a nice area. Beautiful pics Nicki.

Now, about the evening's festivities..... 8) ;D

Al wat ek kan se is: wish you were there!  ;D

It was about a sheep, a pig, and a couple of black labels

Bwahahaha!

So did I behave on the bash? :mrgreen:

Thanks Zonk. Jeebers. I'm old but not THAT old. :twisted: :mrgreen:

Zonkelnut said:
that is not Journeyman, its Adventure

En waar was jy, sodat ek bietjie met jou kon gesels oor wat jy dink jy met my ma gedoen het, he :mad:  Ek hoop en glo dit moes n PUI flater gewees het  ;)

Good, so now we are at the begining of the awsome trip back ;D. B+C and Nicki got up early, did not seem to have any after afects from all the Zammas and Brannas they consumed the night before ( They can.. talk kark with a few down the hatch).

Watermat decided that he was going to shoot home one skat, thus he left us early and shot on. (believe he had some kark with his rear brakes, they siezed up or something :eek:)

DSC04710Small.jpg

Just to show that my lekker seat skaap vel is a lekker cusion at night ;D

We took the shortest route with the prefrance of dirt roads back, and Peter Stywes and Scribble had the same idea. They rode faster but had more smoke breaks, thus we saw them often. Yellow Fever and his pose was also on the same mission, so we ran into them to. ;D We decided to stay in Prince Albert and hook up with the YF gang but missed them. :(
Why? My gps sent B+C in a direction and there was no stopping the Cappo >:D. Nicki and  I decided his got a gps, and is big enough, he'll find us some where + Scribble and Peter will hook him and guide him to Willowmore.

It turned out that the German pose I sent after him also found him, with a flat tyre, ::) after Scribble pluged the hole we were all reunited in Willowmore over a beer. ;)
De Rust,was our over night as PAlbert was dark riding.

DSC04712Small.jpg

After a lekker swim at the Chalets and a good meal at "Harry se Bar" we hit the sack.

The next day riding was again awsome ..... :D

DSC04736Small.jpg

DSC04742Small.jpg

DSC04748Small.jpg

Rustige lewe in Ouberg pass, oubaas farmer ;)

DSC04749Small.jpg

DSC04755Small.jpg

DSC04762Small.jpg

DSC04770Small.jpg

And back home beeeefonkte trip is all I can say  ;D

DSC04774Small.jpg

Thus another year is 911 and we wait for next years BASH !!!

Brivians Kloof, Hogsbriv, What's next ?

DSC04780.jpg

DSC04778.jpg

Between the trophies I have a hog with a broken leg and ear one of a kind ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks Kamanya

Lyk my die varkie is sleg behandel. Shame, sy arme beentjie.... ???

Nice report, thanks Briv.
Very pretty piccies. :D

That did the AT give you fuel consumption wise?

Kaboef feul consuption was between 15-20k's a lit. the 20 k's was a slow relaxed cruise on dirt with the wind behind on the gravel rd between Meirings poort to Willowmore, I did not do a calculation overall but just vinnige, while filling up calcs... we were on the bash you know ::) so whats a extra 2 tanks of petrol ;D

Dis goeie petrolverbruik. Veral as jy vat dit was 2-up met luggage.

Yes last year I got 10 k's / lit to Barrydale doing flat box to catch you guys :eek: 150-165 thursty buger then  ::)

Haha! Same here.
I got about 11 or 12km/l to Barrydale last year. Headwind and some rather inspired riding can cause an AT to be HEAVY on the juice.