Honda CTX 200 Bushlander

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bergie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
I got myself a "Boesman" this weekend, it has just over 30k km on the clock and rides beautifully  :ricky:
Apparently this model is not a "farm version"of the XR / XL / CR 200 Honda's, so lets start sharing some tech detail in a separate thread.
I have consulted Google and other than some aussie gumtree ads, didn't find much:

A decent Review (South African)
Same Boertjie, different article
The Honda Basic Specification Sheet
According to the Honda.za site they currently sell for R31 999  :eek7:

Got 175km before I had to switch over to reserve, GPS indicated just over 100k/h on the flat, but I was doing 80km/h sustain-ably on the highway, KTM 990 couldn't keep up with me in the sand, KLR couldn't keep up in the bush  :pot:

Does anyone know of a extended fuel tank that fits without too many modifications?
Anyone changed sprocket ratio's? The first gear is almost too low, you need to start focusing on your balance or change to second.
As Techie I can't wait to strip bits of it, but am cautious doing so without a workshop manual.

My other bike is 'n DL650, so the Boesman doesn't have to sleep alone at night  ;D