• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Honda XR400R BIG PRICE DROP. Sold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rossdog

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
I bought a XR400R from Lars about 2 months ago. He rebuilt the motor, repainted the frame, etc and got it through roadworthy. I in turn had Superfoxi (Mike Fucks) rebuild the rear shock, service the forks and upgrade the fork and shock springs to suit a 110kg rider. I also had the carb serviced and re-jetted and valve clearances checked in Bredasdorp. I recently also had the seat recovered, and new tank decals added. I also put in new tubes. I put on a KTM front fender, but I have a brand new XR fender that will go with the bike.

This XR is now properly sorted. It has 2 minor cosmetic imperfections: the speedo lense is scratched (not a problem for me, as I was planning to replace it with a Trailtech Vapour) but still works 100%, and the rear fender has a typical XR affliction - cracks from somebody looping the bike at some stage (wasn't me :)). Fender is still serviceable, but I was planning to replace it at some stage. The bike is registered and licensed in my name.

My plan with the XR was to ride it to work every now and then to save fuel, and to use it to ride with my 2 boys. Things have changed. I sold my old gas guzzling SFA Hilux, and am going to buy a Jimny, and secondly, the XR is not really a hard core enduro bike... I'm Battling to come to terms with my lightie smoking me on his KX65 :) So I've decided to leave the commuting to the Jimny, and get another enduro bike.

As mentioned previously, to the best of my knowledge, this XR is now properly sorted. It is also one of the neatest XR400R's around at the moment. Price is R37 000. Before you collapse in fits of laughter, consider this: rebuilt motor and carb, sorted out cosmetically, properly sorted out suspension (R6000), registered for road use and Honda XR anvil-like reliability.

Attachments

• XR400R 1.jpg
    XR400R 1.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 10
  • XR400R 2.jpg
    XR400R 2.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 0
  • XR400R 3.jpg
    XR400R 3.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 0