Hot on the brakes!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knorvarkie

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1100L Africa Twin
Good morning all

Its been almost 2 weeks of blood, sweat and tears. I bought a 'new to me' 2014 KTM 500 EXC Six days, spent time stripping, replacing, upgrading and repairing all the gremlins I thought could have been. With the help of a friend of mine, [member=26579]hartebees[/member] . And finally, this weekend was time to take it out for the initial test run.

It sure puts a smile on my face, and I'm completely in love with this bike.  :love7:

Only one issue came up, the rear brakes kept overheating. The first time it happened I bled the brakes and replaced the old fluid, thinking it is sorted now. But no, it happened again. It almost seized up this time. I watered it down, gave it time to cool and was on the road again.

So now I was thinking, I am going to do a full service on the rear brake system. I will phone KTM Paarl and find out if they have a sort of service kit for this. If not, I will ask guidance from their part.

Can any of you tell me through past experience, where to begin and what to expect? Maybe do's and don'ts? Any advice actually?  :help:

TIA