How the %$*& do I stop my GPS from re-routing routes on T4A?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buff

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Help please, I'm desperate... and clueless  :-\

I’ve got T4A on Mapsource and on my GPS. Bring It On has sent me a Route going through the Cederburg for the Old Postal Route. He’s either download this route as a previous track that he did or he has a later version of T4A than I do, that shows tracks where mine shows nothing.

When I now load his route onto my GPS, the GPS does not recognise some of the paths that are shown on T4A in Mapsource and it re-routes the Route as it sees fit, causing total bloody chaos. See example below at what Mapsource looks like and what my GPS looks like. I’ve changed my setting in Mapsource to Direct Routing and it made no difference. The I tried setting the GPS unit to Offroad but then it straight lines all the bend points.

Is there a setting I’m missing here?

Somewhere I recall this having to do with Routes & Tracks and that you should save these Offroad routes as Tracks. Short of creating a new track for the whole route, is it possible to change a Route to a Track in Mapsource because creating tracks are painful as they don’t auto route, you need to create data points along the entire route.

Attachments

• Mapsource.jpg
    Mapsource.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 201
  • GPS.jpg
    GPS.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 196