How to install LED fashers XR500 6V system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motomike

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Cowley001.jpg

Well i gave up for a while trying to get these little buggers to work...turns out Im a total dwiss when it comes to this kind a electrics...actually thought at some stage i was pretty good when it came to faults on these olde scoots but naa.... Im a dwiss.
Anyway these little guys looked cool when I bought them..but I plucked them on failing to understand that theyr 12V thingies and the olde lighting coil puts out a meagre ...whatever.
Me thinking that yaa LED draw less current...doesnt mean they can work of less voltage.
So ive tried to magiver a few things,like installing a 12V regulator/rectifier....believing also..if the revs are higher ...more current is created so the higher voltage rec/reg would'nt inhibit the current trickle........dwiss.
Also bought a so called electronic flasher(12 Vto go with the 12V reg/rec) but ...after stuffing about....no flashee.
What Ive gathered from other dawgs in other posts  is the LED lights are 12 V so alles must be 12V
I dont know if you get a 6V LED light like this, but I believe you get a 6 V electronic flasher....
But thats not the end ...now you need a electronic LED flasher,cos the dont all work,cos the LED draw too little current.
I know Grego got his sorted...him being a electro wizz and all..and im hoping he will JUST BLOODY HELL  TELL ME HOW TO get this kaark sorted out
Or is the only solution a 12V lighting coil...