HOWA M-1500 rifles

Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

Lear300

Race Dog
Reaction score
Hey Tman
Both is the magic sauce, it is a single piece and QD. So if i go to the range, and i take 3 rifles with me, i change them there with my hands only. No need for any torque tool. Then just adjust the scope according to the rifle it's on, and you are zero'd.
I did have a look at turret labels, but i use this set up on all my rifles and AR's and the turret wil be full with labels. And i propably wont even get all of them on there.
Mate, trust me. Once you hold a SPUHR in your hand's u will understand, but obviously u need to do what works for you.
Warne Cantilever will have the same effect i think?
Have a good day
where do you get the SPHUR mounts in SA?

Lear300

Race Dog
Reaction score
certainly not cheap, but I am definitely warming up to the idea.
R7K for a scope mount and then only one scope at R20K for multiple rifles.

In this economy, the numbers make the argument......

One scope to rule them all 👍👍👍👍

whitedelight

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
certainly not cheap, but I am definitely warming up to the idea.
R7K for a scope mount and then only one scope at R20K for multiple rifles.

In this economy, the numbers make the argument......

One scope to rule them all 👍👍👍👍
Have a look at the Arken EP5 . Good specs and reviews and Japanese glass. Only issue is it has issues with the Spur Mount

Lear300

Race Dog
Reaction score
Have a look at the Arken EP5 . Good specs and reviews and Japanese glass. Only issue is it has issues with the Spur Mount
I already have a Vortex PST 6-24 x 50, which was going to go on my .22. I wanted to buy a RITON X5 for the 6.5CM, but with the revelation of the SPUHR mount, i can now use the Vortex on both.

Lear300

Race Dog
Reaction score
Chassis is home. Now to assemble.

I need a torque wrench......any ideas on a buy? Looking at the Real Avid and Wheeler. Any thoughts on these?

Fix it Sticks are also nice, but can't find stock and they dont seem to have the torque range I need.

Tman21

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Ducati Multistrada / Enduro
Chassis is home. Now to assemble.

I need a torque wrench......any ideas on a buy? Looking at the Real Avid and Wheeler. Any thoughts on these?

Fix it Sticks are also nice, but can't find stock and they dont seem to have the torque range I need.
Dont have any experience on these. I use my wurth Torque wrench but saw this on the S&O Specials. But as always, you will jump through hoops of flames to get one if available at all.

1661254399439.png

tau

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
Draai hom net af en 'n halwe draai terug.

If you are using a chassis you can only turn the screws vas and no more. Or if you pillar bed a normal stock.
Torque wrenches are nice, I have one however it is not a must have.

whitedelight

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Check Multech for stock on Fix It Stix. What torque settings are you needing?

Lear300

Race Dog
Reaction score
Draai hom net af en 'n halwe draai terug.

If you are using a chassis you can only turn the screws vas and no more. Or if you pillar bed a normal stock.
Torque wrenches are nice, I have one however it is not a must have.
it is for the chassis, the recommended torque setting is 55Nm. But will also be used on my scopes rings, bases etc. it won't be a single use tool only

Lear300

Race Dog
Reaction score
Check Multech for stock on Fix It Stix. What torque settings are you needing?
I did check, they are out of stock too.

I just purchased the last Real-Avid Smart Torqu, from 247 hunter

I have various Real-Avid tools, so I am happy with the quality of them, so i should hopefully not be disappointed

whitedelight

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I did check, they are out of stock too.

I just purchased the last Real-Avid Smart Torqu, from 247 hunter

I have various Real-Avid tools, so I am happy with the quality of them, so i should hopefully not be disappointed
Ok cool. What were the torque specs you were looking for? Otherwise I would have suggested a bicycle shop. Can get a 2-14 nm for about R1k.

Lear300

Race Dog
Reaction score
Ok cool. What were the torque specs you were looking for? Otherwise I would have suggested a bicycle shop. Can get a 2-14 nm for about R1k.
The scope rings on the bases are 35 in-lb and the rings that hold the scope are 18 in-lb. The action needs to be at 55 in-lb. so the Real-Avid will be perfect with a range from 10-70 in-lb

Tman21

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Ducati Multistrada / Enduro
it is for the chassis, the recommended torque setting is 55Nm. But will also be used on my scopes rings, bases etc. it won't be a single use tool only
in-LBS and NM is a big difference. (your sure) 55nm is 1/2" wrench territory and not sure if there is one that will go from 2-55nm?

EDIT, I see your last post.