HP2 meets KTM - Pillion Peg Mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiG DoM

Desert Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Ducati Desert X
I am posting this here for reference. When I bought my HP2 some years back I got a Markus tanks and his pillion pegs with it (unfitted) - this and the fact that it had hardly any km's on it was a clincher. Anyway a number of dogs have asked about the pillion pegs. They use the KTM 990 pillion legs with a machined adapter to allow fitting to frame. Like the BMW ones it also needs a stabilising cross member (with the Markus tank this also holds the tank in place) which clams to the machined adapters.

Why use these - because they make a good talking point! No jokes aside they are superior because they hang lower and are more comfortable, stronger and also offer some extra protection to the bike.  

Here are some pics of the pegs and adapters. I do not have a pic of the cross member at present but it can be seen in an early pic of my bike. Essentially it is the width of the frame at the point of attachment and the adapter screws into it to clamp in place.

Attachments

• IMG_1437.jpg
    IMG_1437.jpg
    485.4 KB
  • IMG_1442.JPG
    IMG_1442.JPG
    369.5 KB
  • Rear_end.jpg
    Rear_end.jpg
    77 KB

Latest posts