• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Husky 510 SMR project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadhawg

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Long story short, I landed up with this Husky, which was going to be a project, but with a toddler at the moment I just don't have the time or money to throw at it.

- Buddy bought it, not running because it needed a new CDI or something like that. I think it's ~2006/2007 model. Carb.
- It went to a different mate of mine who ran a bike shop at the time and he sorted it out really nicely, new sticker kit as well. It ran like a clock and was STRONG. Like, scary strong.
- The owner then just sat with the thing, outside, and barely ever used it. After a while he basically "gave" it to me, to sort out and ride, and then he left to the USA.
- I cleaned it up a bit, got it started and road it around the block. Flippen strong and scary as ever. Sorted out some missing spokes, put new fluids in and got the rear brake working again, but since then it's been very fickle and sometimes just refuses to start (cranks, but won't fire). I'm very amateur bike mechanic and haven't had the balls to REALLY dig into it though.

-Needs a chain and a rear tyre, probably a front as well. Quite a few corroded bolts but everything on the front end looks great, most of the important bolts got replaced with anodised ones it seems.
- Intake "boot"/manifold is a bit cracked and has been fixed by someone previously with Silicone. (This is why I'm hesitant to really dig in and pull the carb out for a clean). I'm sure something could be made up to replace it, and I'm certain a replacement part could be found on Ebay or the like.
- I cracked the front fender trying to get the thing onto an MX stand.
- Has a side stand setup which is super dodgy so I removed it.
- Dunno about papers, but it does have an old license disc on it.

R23k (I'm sure just the wheels and suspension are worth more than that. but talk to me.)

Swbh67K.jpg