Illegal plates.

Grrrr....

...the Garbage Man
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Where can I make some?

I just went through a month of ball ache, and it is still not over... but I see light.

As with anything in this country, doing the simplest thing can turn out to be a monumental slog. I had to renew my bakkie and trailer license, from the start I decided to keep my sanity and pay one of the companies that say they will do it for you. After I paid everything I got an envelope in the mail from them but without the disk. Turns out the license department were holding it back because the KTM was also due. Never knew they were so connected, seems the only thing that does work is when they collect money... I then wanted to pay the bike's license but because it was still on CA plates and I live in Lion country now they tjooned me nope, new licence plate. Which I then changed to Gauteng to save me the ball ache in the future. And with weeks of to and fro, it seems that is coming to a close.

I told them to sommer make me a plate, knowing full well what piece of metal I will receive that is "legal". But there is no way on God's green earth I am putting that ugly air brake on my KTM. I also don't believe in no plate, that causes more kak with these Metro Morons, but I want a tiny winy one, one you can barely make out with the naked eye.

What criminal enterprise can I go to make this happen?

WP

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
There is a place in Centurion, I think the name is V Custom cycles. They make them according to the size you require. They will just tell you it is a "bar sign" and not a numberplate. I'm guessing to protect themselves. But the plate itself is exactly like the old plastic plates we use to get. I have one on my bike and haven't had any issues. I find the metal jobbies with the frame to be too heavy for most bikes numberplate hoders.
They only make plates(signs) on Wednesdays I think it is.

ClimbingTurtle

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
Any sign company that makes Legit license plates will make you one - but you have to ask for a sign - they are not allowed to make small license plates, but they are allowed to make small signs.....They may even advise you that the signs are not SABS approved and therefore not legal, to which you reply that its going in your Bar.....
I use a place in Benoni near the Home Affairs, if you dont come right....
I think they wanted to see the paperwork as well....

the ruffian

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Someone on this forum recently said that they had a sticker made up - which they simply mounted on a backing plate.

Exploratio

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL1000V Varadero
Nice and small. Smartie box for comparison.

Attachments

• 20220226_172739.jpg
    20220226_172739.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 0

Leo

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Give Johan a buzz or a WA: 064 430 3191

Give him the size you want, pay and he'll courier it to you with Paxi.

About R380 per ea.

Mine was 200 x 140mm

m0lt3n

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
print it,
go to postnet and laminate it?
Get some wondergom to mount it

Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Edenvale numberplates and signs - although the numberplate is printed small, it is the legally allowed font. The cops tend to look the other way when it is done like that.

Roadhawg

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
MotoMate gets them made. Whatever size you want.

Mikie

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Gauteng Number plates on Jan Smuts Ave in Randburg

BTW, in Jhb, you can ride with no plate and the chances are very slim that you will ever be stopped, IN the Last 8 years that I owned my bike, Only the Last 6 Months has she had a plate, cos we moved to the WC and cops here actually do their jobs, In Jhb, they are completely useless

BuRP

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
I needed to paint a picture.

Me too..... wat het geword van daai Batman kak op/in jou avatar hmm?
If however you've grown into a yellow bastard then excuse my question - ozzerwise oot wif it, vertel ons waar jy nou staan!
Avatar wise natuurlik.... :giggle:

FrancoisTz

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Die man van Gauteng Plates sal selfs die plaat so sny dat die Provinsie embleem behoue bly.

Grunder

Auburn Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR250 Tornado
Me too..... wat het geword van daai Batman kak op/in jou avatar hmm?
If however you've grown into a yellow bastard then excuse my question - ozzerwise oot wif it, vertel ons waar jy nou staan!
Avatar wise natuurlik.... :giggle:
Hy het 'n girl geword die man.

Die wind[eier-reuk;)] is uit sy seile uit.

Hy is nou net nog 'n nommer. Baie jammer as 'groot' manne val :sneaky:

Latest posts