I'm BAAA - AACK!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aquatic

Race Dog
Reaction score
Buderim, Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
After a bit of a hiatus, and with the blessings of SWAMBO, I will be returning to the world of DS Riding.

Hella farking looya

Paid for her today. AU$6500. I am financially poorer but about to become so much richer.
Australia is a great riding country. And I'm about to start exploring.

BMWforsale002Small.jpg
BMWforsale003Small.jpg

BMWforsale001Small.jpg

BMWforsale005Small.jpg
BMWforsale004Small.jpg

BMWforsale006Small.jpg

A little bit about her....(from the no ex owner)
The bike has always been garaged & does have factory heated grips . It`s also got wider footpegs & a touratech brake pedal height adjuster . Tappets were checked 700 kms ago & didn`t need adjusting . Oil has been changed & it has a new fuel filter . Comes with a few spares , oil filter & a water pump kit ( cause everyone says they wear out )original muffler & a rear wheel bearing ( might be some more stuff in the shed , I`ll have to have a dig around . I`ve also got the original fuel pump . The fuel pump was changed as I was having problems . There was nothing wrong with the pump . Turned out to be a bad connection on the fuel pump wire .
  The bike is pretty much unmarked apart from a small scrape on the left side cover & muffler & the right side of the seat has worn through about an inch long where it folds underneath where my boot rubbed it. It has been glued up & covered but I`ll take a pick . I`ve spent over $3,000 on the suspension . I`m the second owner ,I bought the bike when it was just over 1 year old & had 16,000 km on it . It also comes with all the original books & tool kit . There is a thread on ADV about the Yamaha forks on a Dakar , this is the thread that gave me the inspiration to do the conversion .
I also made a tool tube where the right side muffler used to fit . Mine is made from a section of truck exhaust pipe .
I`ve the standard gear shift lever ( has a folding touratech lever ) & a couple of front sprockets you can have also .
Some things you should know about the bike , The counter shaft sprocket is
1 tooth smaller than standard . The chain & sprockets & cush drive hub rubbers were replaced about 1000 km ago so they`re in good nick . The front of the front mudguard will hit the front tyre if the suspension is fully compressed ( No probs just an annoying noise ) I rode the bike like this for
6 months . I then raised the front section of the guard ( the removable beak
) by removing the centre screw , lifting the front of the beak & fitted in a carved piece of wood & screwing it from top & bottom of the main guard . I put the beak back to normal for better sales presentation . I recommend you lift the beak again if you`re going to hit some harder tracks .
When you take the bike for a inspection I recommend you don`t take it to a BMW dealer as I imagine they would query it not having standard front forks .

I missed this weeks courier, so I will only get her in 2 weeks time Friday. After 2 1/2 years without, another 2 weeks won't kill me. I hope not anyway.  ;D