I'm new and searching...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renrew

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
Hi All!New here, new to the DS scene but not new to plastics. Been doing Enduro for a while and looking at doing some technical Adventure riding, not just scraped farm roads. Super keen to start but first I need a bike!

Considered many options and came to the logical conclusion that I need a 990R. Ventured down the 690 Rallye Replica road, but stopped myself before it was too late to go back, but that would make an excellent second DS bike.

So if anyone knows of a pristine 2012 KTM 990R for sale, give me a shout - There's one or two but none that are in the right condition at the right price. Looking at one with nice and low mileage.

Can't wait to start doing this, I hope there's some nice routes one can do from JHB.

Oh, at the moment I'm on a 2013 KTM 250 XC-w, hopefully I'll have a 990R standing next to it!

By the way, are there many events and tours around JHB throughout the year and do you guys find that, should you put in the effort, that you use your DS a lot? So I hope there's enough going on in this scene with the right technical terrain to keep it exciting. Are there any younger DS riders out there or is it mainly for a more"mature" crowd? I'm also looking forward to seeing places which I would never have been able to see, that's a big one for me!

Anyway, that's me, cherio.