In search of my next lid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kykdaar

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Zundapp (all models)
Recently fitted an Arai TX 4 and took it for a spin.

Some time ago I had the previous model which felt very heavy and if your peak caught the wind it would just about rip your head off.

This one feels a lot lighter, has noticeable space in the padding next to the ears (suppose that is for fitting speakers) and fits very well. On the road, however, the helmet is let down by a peak that vibrates excessively. Maybe it is my screen, who knows, but it seems flimsy to me. Perhaps a good thing considering the R10K price tag ;D

Now I can consider cheaper options.

Reading the helmet threads it seema I need to investigate the Bell Adventure, the Desert Fox and the Shoei Hornet.

Feeling like a pauper already with this expensive hobby of us I will give anything above R10K a pass. This I believe will include the Schubert and the Touratech.

I currently have a Airoh S4 and the S5 is a logical choice, but I want to look a bit wider and see what else is out there.

I take it that only Full Throttle in Edenvale is big enough to stock most of the above helmets so will go there next. The only drawback of buying from this point on is that I would not be given a example to test ride which is a pity as that is really the only way to really judge a lid.