Injury - Give us some info.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooch

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
I did this on 9 June, on the LDBA.
Hit some sand, Slid, and put my leg down too hard and going too fast. Smashed the top of my Tibia and pulled out my ACL ligament. Was rather painfull and also lost the sensation in the bottom of my foot.
Had to wait for swelling to go down so they only operated to put the plate in and fix ligament in again on 15 June, and I have just had another small op (arthroscopey) to remove some bone fragments that were still lurking in the joint and could cause problems with full extension and weigt bearing.
Might be able to start weight bearing in the next few weeks and then the walking again road from there onwards! Damn its irritating! Cant even drive etc.
I still dont have proper feeling in the bottom of my foot! (and also the side of my knee). Am going to Physio to try and get full extension and bending going again.
Am dying to ride my bike again but will need to be a little more careful...... You break easier when you get older and it hurts more and takes longer to get better!!!
At least I used it as an opportunity to give up smoking!!
Anyway cant wait to get back on the go again! and hopefully I get the feeling in my foot back properly!

Attachments

• IMG00561-20120628-1557.jpg
    IMG00561-20120628-1557.jpg
    280.4 KB
  • IMG00562-20120628-1558.jpg
    IMG00562-20120628-1558.jpg
    302.9 KB