INSURANCE COVER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
I most cases bikes are comprehensively insured , but riding gear not always , some is on all risks , some specified . In my case its specified , but years ago when I took out the insurance 20 k for kit was more than sufficient , now not so much .
I / we also have 3 sets of kit , one road bike stuff ( leather ) 1 adventure set ( textile) and sets of off road kit for quad biking . I am more concerned about the road & adventure kit as this can be expensive to replace . with exchange rates going up all the time .
So in essence my question is if you are insured for your extras on the bike and kit , do you regularly re evaluate the replacement and amend the amount insured or do you hope to never need it ? I will be speaking to my broker and see what he suggests ,
more cover can sometimes mean more cost . and in these times , we need to pull in the belt and try cut costs , without compromising cover when needed . ROCK AND A HARD PLACE COMES TO MIND .