Is there a way to disable 'Lost external power...' message on Garmin?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xpat

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
I would appreciate your help with one issue that drives me nuts on Garmins (I have Montana, GPSmap62 and both have the same problem):

When riding in dirt with lots of vibrations GPS occasionally loses external power at which point it displays message: 'External power lost, do you want to continue on battery power?' (or some such). The message stays of and timer start counting down 30s after which the GPS switches off (or goes to standby mode or some such). So if I don't touch it to say no the GPS just shuts down. And for the whole 30s the message covers the map, so it is useless.

This is of course made much worse, as what usually happens the vibrations make GPS to connect back to external power (message disapears), just to come back again when the connection is lost again. So basically most of the time one rides either with message on covering the map, or the GPS switched off.

Is there a way to disable the stupid message? I always have batteries in and don't mind if for few seconds GPS runs of batteries. So far the only solution I found is to disconnect the external power and just run on batteries.

Ta

Latest posts