Jackets: "Assault" and "Shift"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_wes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Harley Davidson (all models)
I am going to be buying a new jacket soon to go with my new F650 - I am quite keen on something longer, more adventure-orientated

I was looking at the Shift XC jacket, which is pretty cool, but recently discovered the "Assault" brand in a couple of shops. They make a pretty cool jacket called the "Destroyer", longer cut, lots of pockets, armour everywhere, comfy, removable lining, vents, etc... (looks good too, the least important part i guess)

The shift has the above features as well, except it has removable sleeves (useless) so no shoulder armour (daft). It seems a little baggy in the arms though. Can't remember if it had a removable lining though... more here: https://shop.shiftracing.com/ecomm/...terwear&proNumber=10027&imgName=10027001F.jpg

Best part is they both fit in my budget (it's R1400, my budget is essentially R0). And it fits me (quite a big guy). And they come in chick sizes too for the wife.

Has anyone heard of or own a Assault or Shift jacket? I've heard of Shift, but Assault seems to be a bit more of an unknown brand. In that price range is there anything else I should be checking out that suits my needs? Richa perhaps?