Jag jacket piece of crap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptashark

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F700GS
I have no clue who imports these and I seem unable to find the manufacturers site, which is damn weird.

I bought a black and yellow Jag adventure motorcycle jacket last November, thus 11 months ago. I didn't know better and it was in my budget at R 1,500 if I remember correctly. A month ago I noticed a pretty large tear in the jacket on the back close to the left hand pocket, the tear was big enough to fit my whole hand into it without an issue and it's next to the seam in the material. I look after my gear seeing as I don't have enough cash to replace everything due to heavy handedness. The worst thing the jacket went through was one 20km/h off on gravel where I fell directly onto the bike and the jacket and helmet never touched the ground. This happened the beginning of March so quite a while ago. It was hand washed three times over the 11 months, and spent the time i wasn't wearing it on a hangar in a closet.

I took it back to WOA Centurion to see what could be done and they were very helpful and sent it off to the importer/manufacturer. A few weeks later they came back to me and said the importer won't be fixing the tear or replacing the defective jacket, seeing as according to them it was my fault the stupid thing tore. I understand the jacket has been used, but it has never been abused and it has been well looked after. I know I can't prove this and thus I do not have a leg to stand on, but a motorcycle jacket only staying in one piece for 10 months is unacceptable. I'm damn glad I never had a serious off with it, it would have disintegrated on the tar! Stay away from Jag, it seems their products are inferior in every way, and since they know this their client service is non existent. Pretty poor all round.

The jacket is still at WOA, still need to fetch the useless thing.

In the meanwhile I bought an Alpinestars Cape Town jacket and I'm as happy as I can be with it. It was expensive, but worth it.