Jubs wants to play with the Dogs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jubs

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Hello to all you Wild Dogs!

You guest it, I also want to become a biker! My family thinks because I wanted to start riding a motorcycle I must be going through some kind of crisis (mid life?). Well, my birth was a crisis (to me it was) so since then I handle crisises well. I don't know about the motives of other WD members but if I look at the economical "crisis" around the world then I want to make some changes to adopt...

Let me admit. Some of my colleagues ride bikes for years, so I was contemplating the biking thing after joining them on a short two day trip.

How difficult is it to become a biker? ....and a good biker??

This week I started off by doing the novice course at the BMW Rider Academy at Swartkops. I learned quiet a lot in two days - "This is an intensive course, theoretical and practical training, covering all essential aspects of riding, preparing the non-rider for the road". Thank you James, Chez and Fran for your dedication. Now I have the confidence to practice the skills that I learned (first in the parking lot!!).

My next step will be to get a learners licence and the part I enjoy mostly - to get a bike!! any good secondhand 650GS out there??  ::)

Latest posts