• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Kawa KLE - Centurion - <<Sold>>

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Kymco (all models)
Okay, sorted out a few things so lets get this show back on the road again. Have the reg papers waiting at Nedwank and that was a delay.

I will be sad to see the KLE go, but the two similar ladies in the grudge are starting to give each other the hairy eyeball.  ;D

I have a given a sort-of option to a WD who may be taking her for testing this weekend ( he is faffing about a bit  ;D )  and I will be out of town until the weekend (21 Nov), so if you are interested let's talk next week.

KLEForSale001.jpg

I have had the bike since new, and she has been a source of great pleasure to me. It was my first and only DS bike, and I credit the bike with introducing me to a pastime that has seriously changed my life for the better. The bike has been the star of many gatherings and Ride Reports on this forum, and I am hoping she may still be alongside me and my new blue steed.

The bike comes with a collection of GPS tracks that she loves riding.

Bit of Info :-

47 600Km, Bought new Aug 2005
500cc Doohicky free Parallel twin cylinder.  

From my service record “outlook note”:-

KLE 47 300Km  Sep 2009 Re-Reg as YNT 954 GP.  
KLE 46 900Km Sep 2009 Stem bearings & Rep handlebars - AdvMX  
KLE 45 500Km Aug 2009 Back & Front shock service D.C. Shocks Pinetown  
KLE 44 100Km Jun 2009 New Battery Centurion Batteries  
KLE 43 900Km Apr 2009 Head Service & Full Lube Cent Lifestyle
KLE 43 840Km Apr 2009 Tyres AdvMX
KLE 38 824Km Dec 2008 Full Service - Brake Pads Cent Lifestyle
KLE 33 000Km Jun 2008 Service / Tyres / Sprockets / Chain replace
KLE 30 802Km Apr 2008 Service Centurion Lifestyle
KLE 26 400Km Jan 2008 Service & Head Service - Cent Lifestyle
KLE 23 500Km Jun 2007 Service Durb Motor Cyc Cent
……..  ND 308 674 (Reg HZL834W) VIN JKALE500ABA086491

<Earlier records in paper book were lost in the move from Durban>

The bike is “as standard” – never been blinged other than metal foot pegs (DL 650) and Hela power-port for pump. I have never done any serious stuff to her myself – left that to the good folk at Durban Motorcycle Centre, Centurion Lifestyle, and AdventureMX – I am sure Hugo at Cent Lifestyle and Peter at AdventureMX would not mind a call re the bike.

The bike had a few handling problems earlier this year, but the rebuild of the back shock and changed  handlebar (ex Peter - AdvMX’s -  own bike) and new stem bearings has sorted that out. Last two rides I did with Zerc along railways roads she was good on the rough.

The back shock has been re-valved and sprung for a 115 Kg rider so the bike has about 30mm less static sag than a standard KLE.   Can adjust the preload to soften.

Has been dropped quite a few times, so has quite a few “character lines”, but never at speed, (hey, this is Gunda!). I have never been too concerned with the “cosmetics” of the bike, but I have never allowed anything mechanical or electrical to remain unfixed.  The plastics and tank could use some TLC but she may object – she isn’t a prissy little lady.  

Could also use new reflector on the tail light.  

The engine/clutch/gearbox has never needed attention other than for head service and tappet clearance adjustment. The bike has never used oil between services.  

Price?  I will take R20k as that is what I need to get some panniers for the Tenere. No NEG or ONCO at this stage,

I am selling the bike as is (buyer will have to RWC), but I can honestly say that, to my knowledge, there is nothing at all significant wrong with the bike at the moment. She is ready and willing to go as is.  

Last RR was https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=40159.0 - a bit sad  :(

I will keep the top-box.

If you are interested plz contact me at :-

Peter dot Charter at pixie dotco dotza
Zero Ate Two Nine Zero Zero fourteen ninety-six