• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Kawasaki Versys KLE650 for sale - SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kykdaar

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Zundapp (all models)
Selling my Versys. It is a Burnt orange, 2007 model with 9358 km’s on the clock

I bought the bike in Klerksdorp from the original owner in June 2012 with only around 3200km’s on the clock.
The parallel twin engine on these bikes is an absolute gem, as is it’s versatility (commuter & light tourer), light weight and excellent fuel economy. Motorcyclist online called it the “Swiss Army Knife of Motorcycles” and named it their 2008 Motorcycle of the Year.

This bike also comes with a dual Laser Deep tone exhaust system and is fully licensed. The owner’s manual, servicing booklet and two sets of keys are available.  

I am selling the bike in one of the following options –

The standard commuting package –
Original Kawasaki tinted screen
Original Kawasaki branded Top box and SW Motech carrier  
Price – R40 000

The touring package -
Givi Touring screen (bought for R990). Original screen as well
SW Motech quick lock carrier (on back-order and should arrive any day now)
Givi V35 contour cases (bought for around R5.5K) – never used, still in boxes.
Price – R43 000

The original exhaust and grab handles will naturally go with the bike. I will not sell the touring kit before the bike is sold – the buyer of the bike has first choice. If the bike is sold in standard commuting guise then I will sell the touring items separately thereafter.

The above prices are only for the members of this site and only for as long as the bike is available exclusively on Wilddogs. If I have to put it on Gomboom I will increase the price in line with what is the going rate there and for the aggravation of having to deal with the idiots and crooks that one runs into there.

I recently did a nice tour of around 3927km’s on it. See report here - https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=109132.0

Prior to my trip I changed the oil filter and put in new Actevo semi-synthetic oil. During the trip the bike performed flawlessly. On my return the only thing I changed was to fit a brand new Bridgestone rear tyre (1.4K) and wash the bike.

Knowing I would be selling the bike I purposefully did not drain the oil after the trip. The reason for that is that I value my integrity and want to have peace of mind when I sell a bike to another Wilddog.  I will, therefore, insist that the buyer take the bike to Kawasaki for an oil change / service (at his cost) so that it may be properly inspected by the dealer. In that way both the buyer and I may be assured that everything is in perfect condition. If the buyer does not want to do this then he buys entirely at his own risk.

Reason for sale - https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=108747.0

The bike will be freely available for viewing to any Wild dog – Just PM me to set up a time.  Bike will be sold to the first cash buyer. I will not hold the bike for anyone for any prolonged period – have been burned too many times before.

Price has already been cut to the bone for the dogs so price will not be further reduced.

You will be hard pressed to find a better bike at a better deal so bring bonus and come.

Attachments

• Image00014.jpg
    Image00014.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 355
  • Image00015.jpg
    Image00015.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 351
  • Image00017.jpg
    Image00017.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 353
  • Image00016.jpg
    Image00016.jpg