Kids 1st ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzzy Muzzy

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
there is only so much instruction you can give someone when showing them how to ride a bike, at some point you have to let them do it for themselves. Kind of like jumping out the nest.. fly or drop like a stone.

So my idea was to let him ride and I would run next to him and yell instructions.. ha ha, that did'nt work, so I went home and got my bicycle.. that worked a lot better.

I thought it would be a disaster, I thought he woudl fall his ass off, cry and I would have a kids bike up for sale, but I was very impressed with the little lad. Pulled away like a dream, hit 2nd and 3rd and rode around. Ok, he only puttered along, bike almost stalling in 3rd, he was too scared to hit any bumps or hills so we kept to flat surfaces.

He can't stop yet, he had 3 small falls and all 3 was when he wanted to stop and he ended up stalling the bike in 3rd, then he was'nt strong enough to hold the bike up, pull in clutch, change gear to N etc etc.. so down he would go with the bike ontop of him, but no complaints and he got back up and rode again. He is not strong enough to pick the bike up by himself and he battles to kick start it, but he said he is going to work on his strength ( ya ya.. far too much TV )

I forgot my camera but if we go tomorrow I will take pics.