KLE weirdness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mulmi

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
My daughter ride a KLE. It is her daily commute and she loves it. Until Friday...

She phoned me from the road, a call that gave me heart an irregular rhythm.

I true form she said the bike sounds funny, and it lost a lot of power. Luckily she was close to home at this stage and she eased the last 6 km home.
When she got home it sounded like she is riding a thumper. So that was an easy diagnoses. One cylinder is dead. But why.

As a precaution I went on Saturday to get 2 new sparkplugs. and started on the bike. After taking the tank off I realized that it is indeed the sparkplug that is the issue. Except, it is gone!!!
Where the right cylinder plug must be it is just a hole. When I replaced the plug I checked for spark, but no spark. So it seems the coil is also not working. the fir of the coil wheb comparing to the lefyyt side coil is also different.

I have no idea ho this could have happened. She was going fine then suddenly this. Luckily it sounds like I should be able to get a coil by @Dux And hopefully that will sort that out.

But it is very strange.

Latest posts