KLR speedo problem solved

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerhard

Pack Dog
Reaction score
From a previos thread complained about the KKLR's speedo that packed up. Race Prererations, Kawasakie agents in Pretorius street, wanted to charge me R 900 for new one or else strip the whole thing and see waht he can do @ RRRRR per hour labour.... :x I dont think so.
Whent to Conrad Koen - 082-455-0121 -in 20th Ave in Villeria here in Tshwanetoria, where he works from his home. Had my bike serviced not so long ago.
Explained the problem to him and imediatly started stripping the assembly of the speedodrive. Turns out that when I had new tyres put on last week by the labourers - that is all they are! - at Biking Accesories, they managed to put the drive (a sort of plat ystertjie met 2 punte) wrong way round and forced the wheel back on. This little plaatjie got bend and as result speedo did not work. Conrad fixed it, regreased the whole assembly on the bottom of the cable, replaced a small o-ring on the opposite side of the engine, all with in 20-25 minutes. Cost R100!!
:D :D Maybe now I can spend more on other goodies for the bike...
Well done Conrad, be sure that I will be back again for more of the 'adjustments' on the old lady.