• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale KLR650 new shape for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeonDude

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Cave Girl's KLR650 is up for grabs.
Asking Price R 20 000 ONCO.
Model: 2009
ODO: 88660 (Actual mileage might be a bit more, that thing stood still for a few months.) (As they do! ;) )
License good for a few months.
You will have to replace the right rear indicator and do the roadworthy.
Bike is being sold without any type of warranty whatsoever.

I'll be honest about the bike - you will want to view it, or have a buddy view it before buying it. The bike has a fair amount of DS-type scrapes and scratches. I also noticed that the right rear indicator has been broken off, probably by someone (most probably yours truly) pushing past it where it is parked in the garage.
Bought brand new, it was ridden by the original owner, who is also the world's original 'Little Old Lady'. (Don't tell her I said that!) She only ever dropped it when it was necessary to do so, and then usually in soft sand or mud. It was always picked up with the utmost of care. I know, because I was usually the one doing so.

These bikes are amazing. This one has been to the Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern points of South Africa.

Technical issues: I had a problem with the bike not running properly above 110 kilos per hour. One of the fixes I tried was to replace the petcock. I think the problem is solved, but will not put my head on a block. The new petcock is modified because it clashed with the crash-bar, see photo.
Some weird emergency mod I did on the numberplate to keep it on, see photo.
Services was done mostly by myself, more than regularly.
The bike has lowering links, but I think I have the original dog-bones somewhere. If I don't, they are commonly available on WD.
The front wheel could do with replacement. The bike has not really been run anywhere in some time, except I take it to the shop now and again just to give it a run.
Nib at end of clutch lever broken off.

Extras
Crash bars
The luggage racks are for Oxford bags. The bags themselves are a bit fubar after 88K something touring, so not included.
The charging point should probably be replaced and moved. It catches rainwater where it is, not optimal.
Lots of stickers.
Handguards.
I might throw in a small givi top-box to sweeten the deal.
GPS mount included. GPS itself not included.

Call me on 082 331 8656 or email me at [email protected]
LeonDude

Attachments

• KLR650Dash.jpg
    KLR650Dash.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 2
  • KLR650Front01.jpg
    KLR650Front01.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 0
  • KLR650Luggage rack.jpg
    KLR650Luggage rack.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 0