KRUGER FENCE RIDE. - CROCODILE TO LIMPOPO. 04/MAY/2012 to 09 MAY 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIMBO

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR350
I am seeking "Expres ions of Interest". 

A few places exist for experienced riders with well prepared bikes and an adventurous spirit willing to ride hard and sleep anywhere.  The trip should be seen as a motorbike ride rather than a tour. 

CRUDE ROUTE:  Gauteng / Kruger Fence (Sth. to Nth.) / Gauteng.  Fourways, Belfast, Barberton, Hazyview, Hoedspruit, Punda Maria, Pafuri, Limpopo River, Tzaneen (via Soutpansberg), Home. 

DISTANCE:  2 000 km plus unplanned excursions 200km.  Say 2 200 km.

OVERNITE STOPS:
Friday 4th.  Barberton Chalets.
Saturday 5th.  Farm near Hoedspruit.
Sunday 6th.  Veld near Punda Maria. 
Monday 7th.  Veld near Pafuri. 
Tuesday 8th.  Farm near Tzaneen. 

COSTS:
Fuel; 2 200 km @17,5 km/l = 126 litres @R.12, 00 / l =                            R.1 500, 00 
Wear and tear; Usually twice the fuel                                                      R.1 500, 00
Creature Comforts;  6 days @ R.200, 00 per day =                                  R.1 200, 00 
Bed, Braai meat and drinks (Approximately)                                            R.  950, 00
Total;                                                                                                        R.5 150, 00.  Say R.5 500, 00

NOTE:  The chalets owner at Barberton and the farmers at Hoedspruit and Tzaneen have agreed to provide a place to sleep, braai meat and drinks.  I have agreed to reimburse them immediately on arrival.  I therefore require the bed, braai and drinks cost on or before departure. 

Interested potential participants should know there is a limit to the number of riders.  I am trying not to sound elitist, but may need to decline some interested parties. 

Please PM or e-mail me with brief relevant details if you would be keen to do this ride.

Thanks.