KTM CPT - Made me Steal Tuesday!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GO GIRL

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Ok you all know that expression "Ride it like you Stole it!"

Well KTM CPT made me Steal Tuesday...and I "stole it" like a naughty girl!! >:D >:D >:D

Here I was minding my own business at work.... :mad: while everyone out riding/holidaying,

Then you you get this message" Hey we are just doing a ride to Elim area, wanna join?..

Yep, wud love to...but hey its Tuesday I am working... :( :( :(

So then you carry on and on the way home you pop in to KTM CPT to say Hi and get a
real lekka cuppa  coffee from Leon.... and then the guys are talking about this trip to Elim
There is a super day arranged.....

Well I thought what the heck .....and of course this gal does not want to be left out.... :)

I just said I am going to Ride Tuesday Like I Stole It!!....  :mwink: :mwink::mwink:

So I arrive at KTM CPT and I feel like a naughty gal...knowing- excited, I should be at work.. >:D >:D

I find Tuareg and meet some other guys there Justin and Fanie, Johan and his Missus (Tonya)
Neil thought he was bringing his bike in for a service, he changed his date of service and decided to ride, with us....!!

Donald was gonna lead the group out< Sedick also joined us

IMG_0001-2.jpg

This not a RR like others with action shots....as I am not B'ig Enuff' to ride out front

and grab those action shots!! ::)

We ride out, N2, general direction, over the slippery Highlands route... :eek: :eek:

Hook up , and on we go again, meet up with Jonathan and Attie in Stanford,

and more dirt to a farm called Blomkloof, approx 13km from Elim to the surprise awaiting us..

Stunning place makes for AWSUM Riding terrain :biggrin: :biggrin:

After sopme twisties and rockies on the downhill slopes we park our Beasts...

And at the foot of a mountain we meet Andre(owner) of Blomkloof him on a 1200GSA.. :mwink:

He has a lapa beautifully situated and food is to be prepared for us... :thumleft: :thumleft:

IMG_0004-2.jpg

IMG_0005-2.jpg

IMG_0007-2.jpg

Sedick, Johan and his Missus Tonya, Aardt ( last saw him at the Rayye Raid- he has been studying),
and in the above pic is Andre(1200GSA) he entertained us with a STUNNING day :thumleft:

I learnt a new word from him which i shall later share... ;)

IMG_0008-2.jpg

2 Stroke Dan said:
Attie op Coke?

Yep Attie op Coke!!!
and he had a very sore knee...damaged cartilage or something he was also tearing up some dirt...!!! :ricky:

Then some other guys joined us Mark(of the roof, sorry dont know his surname, his wife Brita, and Greg Miller with his Missus Bronwyn andsome other guys whose name I dont know....sorry ???

They and KTM CPT arrived with the little bikes..... :mwink: :mwink: :mwink:

so we were going to do some more riding..... :ricky: :ricky:

I did not get pics of all... :( ??? sorry all....

IMG_0010-3.jpg

So I am asked if I would like to ride these little Beasts.....??

Well that would be cool I saddle up the 250-2stroke... and no "happy button" and Brit says just ride with us ...!!!

Ok that will be great....

she is on  a 140 KLR(if I remember correctly)...and off they fly Mark and Greg and some other dudes..

I tired to keep up... I had a major culture shock, adrenalin rush, on the edge...call it what you may!!!

I landed up flying too over ditches and on the ground......... :ricky: :ricky: NO PAPARAZZI.... ;)

Easy enuff to pick up.....but the kick start with all this adrenalin pumping, not even the right gear..

the normal helmet, summer jacket...and those who know me I "sweat like a pig"...... :ricky:

here I am trying to catch up with the 'flying guys' you must be joking,.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

I manage to get going again... catch up - only cos these guys are waiting for this stupid chic,  ::) ::)who cant ride a lil bike.....!!! :ricky:

When i saw where we were going with this  I decided to turn back....which I did just to get the feel of this lil bike and to calm the shakes, jitters adrenalin..... :ricky:

The others get back....

Lunch is by now ready...I/we settle down to a well prepared meal by Andre.... :thumleft:

But I am not done after lunch... and Donald says come Debs lets ride.....cool I am game... :thumleft:

Second time around much better....and I now more in feel with this lil bike.....

Had a whole lotta fun anbd this lil bike kicked my ass for me!!! I can feel today .....:ricky: :ricky:

Will definitely do it again...... :ricky: :thumleft:

The closest I have ever come to a 5/6 week old meerkat....I was in absolute AWE!!!

IMG_0012-1.jpg

I had a stunning time out there...

We eventually had to depart :( from our pleasant time out there, did dirt back to Napier and a quick one down the N2 from Caledon arrived at home approx 20H00

Thanks KTM CPT Ash, Donald and Sedick......for an absolutely wonderful day..... :thumleft: :thumleft:

It was simply AWSUM AWSUM AWSUM...... :ricky: :ricky: :ricky:

So I Rode Tuesday like I Stole it...... >:D :mwink:

Andre the owner kept on referring to a situation being "bevange"....he has also done the Cairo to CPT trip and has some really super stories to tell.......  8) 8)

So on saying goodbye it was appropriate to say thanks for a "bevange day"..... :ricky: :ricky:

Gotta agree with GG    :thumright::3some::thumleft:
Absolutely bevange day out with the KTM guys
A big thanks to Donald for leading us out there
It was good to catch up with a couple of old riding buddies & make some new ones
The ride out was great - a mix of surfaces ridden at a civilized pace
Blomkloof was a revelation.......
As was Andre (1200GSA + crocs + camel in the mouth)
And then for the surprise......
A quiver of plastic bikes to play with
I opted for the 450EXC & burnt myself out playing like a spoiled brat
Fark! Do I like that bike? Now where's that Santa dude gone.........?
Tjops, wors & potatoes nearly put me to sleep, but I was rescued by a cup a strong black coffee
No one really wanted to leave, but eventually it was time
The ride home was mostly tar, but fun through the passes
Definitely wanna go back to Blomkloof

Tuareg said:
Gotta agree with GG    :thumright::3some::thumleft:
Absolutely bevange day out with the KTM guys
A big thanks to Donald for leading us out there
It was good to catch up with a couple of old riding buddies & make some new ones
The ride out was great - a mix of surfaces ridden at a civilized pace
Blomkloof was a revelation.......
As was Andre (1200GSA + crocs + camel in the mouth)
And then for the surprise......
A quiver of plastic bikes to play with
I opted for the 450EXC & burnt myself out playing like a spoiled brat
Fark! Do I like that bike? Now where's that Santa dude gone.........?
Tjops, wors & potatoes nearly put me to sleep, but I was rescued by a cup a strong black coffee
No one really wanted to leave, but eventually it was time
The ride home was mostly tar, but fun through the passes
Definitely wanna go back to Blomkloof

Tuareg...I have got to second that..... :ricky: :ricky: :thumleft: :thumleft:

It was so much fun.... and that Santa Dude ....hope he'll be down my chimney :mwink: