KTM Durban - Contractual Termination

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPW

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 790 Adventure R
Bit shocked to see this news, they were always my go to for spares when no one else had stock.

To Our Valued Customers
I am writing to confirm that KTM Durban has received a termination of dealership notice from KTM SA.
We were very surprised when we started getting calls from customers and partners last weekend, querying if the rumours of our contractual termination were true.
We immediately took up the matter directly with KTM SA, and only received feedback from them on the Monday with the formal termination letter. To say that we were shocked by this outcome and the way in which it has been handled is an understatement, particularly in light of the fact that there is no cause given for the termination.
For the last 8 years, we have taken great pride in our customer service, expertise, and support of the riding and racing community in KZN. Our efforts were acknowledged and confirmed by our dealer performance results at the KTM national dealership conference in March 2024 but despite this, we have been handed a termination letter.
While there is a 90-day notice period before our termination becomes effective, myself and Wayne O’Neale, as the shareholders of the business, are working hard to understand what this will mean for our awesome staff and for each you, our valued customers and supporters.
In the meantime, it’s most definitely business as usual. Thank you for your continued support and if you are preparing for Roof, we’re standing by to help get you Roof-ready!
If you have any further questions, or you have any more information about our termination that you would like to discuss, please don't hesitate to contact myself or Wayne.
Thank you, we hope to see you soon.
Steven