KTM riders in MOZ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cracker

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
Saw a bunch of worn out KTM riders coming through the town of Funhafouro? in the middle of mozambique just after easter. Looked like 690s and a 950.

forum members?

They started of as 6 but where down to 4 when we spotted them!!We started as 5 KLRs and finished as 5!!!These KLR s are really the Tractors of Africa!

Attachments

• DSC00326[1].JPG
    DSC00326[1].JPG
    17 KB
  • DSC00327[1].JPG
    DSC00327[1].JPG
    14.6 KB
  • DSC00328[1].JPG
    DSC00328[1].JPG
    13.6 KB
Runner said:
The one 690's electronics went apeshit, so it had to be towed out..........

Musta been a long tow....we were in the middle of nowhere.

They should have pulled in....we had 2M on ice, sourced from the locals, as well as a full drinks cabinet...including jack!

A little oasis in the arse end of moz

ek sou ook op die (KTM) trip gegaan het . Pafuri tot by Guinjata Bay en terug . Het daai trip laas jaar Junie gedoen , dis befok !! Die 690 het +- 100km van Pafuri hek ( Moz se kant ) gebreek , dus het hul net genoeg tyd gehad om betyds by die grenspos te wees.

watter roete het julle met die KLR gedoen ?

Cracker said:
Saw a bunch of worn out KTM riders coming through the town of Funhafouro? in the middle of mozambique just after easter. Looked like 690s and a 950.

forum members?

Did you taste the town's chickens ...  fresh!  KFC, Nandos and Chicken Licken se moer + fresh chillies.

Chicken was good, so was their lamb, or goat! Chillies kept me loose and the beer kept me lubricated.

We travelled from Swazi ,through namaacha gate, then straight up north, through chokwe and on until we ran out of pathways. Started thinking about mines so headed back to the tweespoor -
Fark, it was hot up there, my vapor read 44 and the other one was reading 48.. starter motor didn't like the heat so I had to kick start the bike - I kid you not!

Slept in little villages until we reached funharouro, then stayed in what they called a hotel. A bit like Zandspruit or Diepsloot but no one trying to sell you shit -

VERY friendly locals - had some great alcohol induced discussions with them - all of us speaking egyptian - I think....... :pot:

If you haven't been there, you've no idea how magically fucked up that place is...... :thumleft:

From there we headed back to the coast and spent the next week slowly drifting back to Swazi.

Took far too much stuff, I wore the same kit every day for 2 weeks...blended in with the locals easily.... :mwink:

gonna go back soon..... >:D