KZN Passes around Newcastle, Chasing mountainpasses and waterfalls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

171steve

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
This is a video my buddy made of our resent trip to newcastle and surrounding area.
This is a list of all the passes we rode
Waterfall hill Pass
Mullers Pass
Beste Hoogte Pass
Lafrashoogte Pass
Normandien Pass

A must do is to stop at moorefield farm and go down to the waterfall
Also stop at Ncandu falls for a swim.
Let the video do the talking its easy to see why Normandien is among the top 10 gravel passes in SA

https://youtu.be/pEOuevPZe5o

Baie moeite in daai video in. Goeie werk  :thumleft:

Baie mooi video. :thumleft: Dit lyk of julle baie sports gehad het :ricky:

What was up with that Land Cruiser !? Very nice video, any chance of the GPS tracks ? Would like to incorporate it into a Wakkerstroom loop.

A colleague downloaded the video to my laptop this morning. I am super impressed by the high quality local video and the mighty 990 KTM. Nice one 171Steve!  Now the next video you need to show us your Chris Burch`s antics on the 990!  Keep it up!

sidetrack said:
What was up with that Land Cruiser !? Very nice video, any chance of the GPS tracks ? Would like to incorporate it into a Wakkerstroom loop.

I still need to figure out how to save something on basecamp but will get to that after my exams meanwhile heres a rough drawn map of the route its uite easy and also check the passes out on mountainpassessouthafrica they give more info on the passes

Attachments

• IMG_2875.JPG
    IMG_2875.JPG
    185.9 KB
Nice video.

I can see lots of effort went into making it.

Gone are the days of going for a ride and taking a camera with and taking a few shots of your trip along the way.

Or maybe not?

Thanx guys the credit have to go to my buddy Jan Jordaan hes the one doing all the filming and editing work.
You can check his youtube channel
https://m.youtube.com/#/user/Janjordaan35

We wil look into a video where i put the 990 through its pases😄

Epic video  :drif:

No doubt loads of time went into it - thanks for sharing!

Eendag as ek groot is!!

Flip. Great video and the production value is very high! Just makes one wanna get out there and explore.  :ricky:

P.S. I really really want a drone!!  :drif:

Good camera man, editing and drone can make for better videos than actual bike shows !

Flippen epic video!

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Some photos of the area

Attachments

• IMG_2885.JPG
    IMG_2885.JPG
    141.9 KB
  • IMG_2886.JPG
    IMG_2886.JPG
    286.2 KB
More photos

Attachments