KZN - Time to plan another overnighter ? **Gunda Out**

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Kymco (all models)
I think it's time to plan another sleepover down here in the Kingdom.

But where should we go?

I'd love to do a trip up to Highover reserve again. It's a lovely spot for putting a tent down and riding about the small reserve. Something like this RR.  

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=68279.0

There are also Chalets for the larnies, but to me it is a nicer spot for camping by the Mkomazi river.

The lilani Hot spring may do with another visit - especially before the weather gets too warm, and the last trip up was spoiled a bit by the weather.

https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=63495.0

Yesterday I took a drive up the coast to show my landlady the Umlalazi coastal reserve at Umtunzini, and to test out a new set of four wheels. This may also be a nice spot for a sleepover.

Some shots in the reserve. They do allow bikes in to the reserve but they have a speed limit of 40 KpH which I think we should try to stick to if we visit. The reserve only has about 20Km of rideable roads  

20110731UmtunziniScouting_002.jpg

20110731UmtunziniScouting_005.jpg

20110731UmtunziniScouting_004.jpg

20110731UmtunziniScouting_006.jpg

We asked Connie from the Fat Cat restaurant where would be a good place for a night, and she suggested we pay a vist to the Xaxaza resort/caravan park and camp-site. The first think I noticed was a huge sign that said "NO MOTORCYCLES ALLOWED" but after chatting to the boss-lady, and explaining that we were very responsible and well behaved people with very quiet bikes she said she could accommodate us out of season.

They have camping, caravan huts and chalets.

The Caravan huts are actually caravans with a wooden hut stuck on the side, and they looked cozy and fun. They each have a double bed and two singles in the caravan, and a bunk bed in the hut. They have ten of them and they are all close together and have braais chairs and tables.

The cost is R100 per person and you have to bring bedding and towels and use the communal ablution block - which is well equipped and clean.  

20110731UmtunziniScouting_011.jpg

Inside of Caravan Huts.

20110731UmtunziniScouting_010.jpg

20110731UmtunziniScouting_009.jpg

They also have Chalets with bedding and showers (each sleeps 2x2) at about double the price. They are quite far from the Caravan Huts.  

20110731UmtunziniScouting_012.jpg

I think this would be a nice place for a laid back overnighter.

Anyone keen - maybe mid August some time ?