KZN Zingela Bash 12 - 14 August

Spectaitor

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
How does fueling work while we're there?
My DR only has a 12L fuel tank.

roxenz

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
You guys riding down and, if so, mind if I tootle along?
Uncle, you would be most welcome.

Due to not having any leave saved up, we plan to scoot down in one go on Friday, and return on Sunday. A friend of mine will be joining my and wiff. Chris is not used to dirt (I know, I've taken him on dirt before), so we'll not be too adventurous.

Plan for riding down is:
  • Leave early (between first light and sun-up); us from Roodepoort, Chris from Wierda Park. Meet up at a fuel station on N3 (get coffee to warm hands, which will be freezing).
  • Then slab to Harrismith, gooi right to go past Sterkies, down Olivier's Pass and stop for brunch at Pig n Plough in Winterton.
  • Winterton to Colenso is good dirt road.
  • Colenso to Zindela also dirt, we'll just take it very easy.

Way back will be decided Sunday morning, depending how we feel.

So: simple logistically and you can let me know at short notice whether you want to tag along. There will be other folks with much more adventurous routes, so keep your options open...

roxenz

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere

wooly bugger

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Buell Ulysses XB12
JonW is a legend. Has anyone been on one of his rides? Best you brush-up on your off-road skills........

OomD

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
With dunlop D606 and D909 on my bike I'm going to try and avoid tar as much as possible. From (roughly) Delmas I can ride mostly dirt, with a bfast stop at Val and a lunch stop at Memel. This totals almost 550km. I think I'll be going this route. Google says I'll take almost 10hrs, let's see...
1655969502538.png

Puls0nic

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
With dunlop D606 and D909 on my bike I'm going to try and avoid tar as much as possible. From (roughly) Delmas I can ride mostly dirt, with a bfast stop at Val and a lunch stop at Memel. This totals almost 550km. I think I'll be going this route. Google says I'll take almost 10hrs, let's see...
View attachment 778477
Sjoe, hoop die weer is goed daai tyd. Dit is 'n vêr roete om te ry aan een, op grond pad en baggasie.

Tommy Transalp

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
Jon W is known for his abilities on an offroad bike...
I reckon somebody let him do his routes on a fully loaded GS or 1290KTM!
"Newby- friendly "! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The weather in this area should be good at that time...cold at night but pleasant during the day.
You don't have to do any outrides once there, if you just want to chill....the venue is perfect for this!
Bring your flyrods and try for Yellows in the river... I believe this is must-do!

JonW

Grey Hound
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Boss Hoss (all models)
@OomD You will "val" plenty of times if you go on an outride with @JonW
Don't listen to a thing wooly Bugger says, he is a well known exagerator in these parts, I am the one who normally "vals" on the rides that we do. Rides are going to be scenic and easy riding.

Latest posts