Lazer Revolution Helmets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droffarc

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda NC750X
These nifty helmets are available from Briv.

My initial impressions follow:

There is plenty of space and airy ventilation around the teeth. My previois Vemar which was a LARGE sat very snugly on my head and tended to squeeze my cheeks, The Lazer allows me to smile and is a MEDIUM.
The integral sunvisor, drops down by pressing the button downwards and leaves me with a very cool view. Even without the visor the wide view is impressive. Mt Vemar had a smoked visor and during the day I wore my D'arcs with it. When the sun goes down it can get very dark with a smoked visor - now I dont need to carry a selection of visors 8) I still wear my D'arcs and they sit much more comfortably with the Lazer.
I also like open face mode, especially when at the filling station.

The Lazer is Heavy at 1800gms - the heaviest helmet ever owned - needs some getting used to.
The buckle is pressed against my epiglottis which tends to be uncomfortable - I tend to tuck my chin down when I ride.
The broad lower part of the visor has a tendency to obscure my instrument panel, but who looks at the speedo anyway?

An area of concern for me is the cleaning of the visor inner. Especially if you have been riding sweeper on a dusty section. The inner and especially the sunvisor may be a little difficult to clean, will see in future.

I took a little ride to Yzerfontein on tar at +-140kph to test the windnoise. This helmet is definitely noisier than my Vemar but is about as quiet with earplugs.

P1010012.JPG

My collection of helmets

P1010002.JPG

Could not resist a teeny bit of gravel, just before Yzerfontein turnoff. Lucky, that, cos who should I find sitting behind a tree with a camara but the local KK - He would have taken my pic had I not yearned for a bit of gravel :lol:
P1010005.JPG

The inside of the visor:
P1010013.JPG

P1010015.JPG

P1010016.JPG

Maybe there is an easy way to disassemble without using a torque wrench/breaking the sunvisor, to be able to clean it.