Lekker Friday

Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

BuRP

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650R
Now I need to paint a picture here, imagine a more mature person, about 5ft 6inches tall and pretty much the same wide, with a spierwit ZZ Top beard, with dik spectacles, that's him.

Jirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre you had me there for a mo Bud!
I thought you'd spotted me somewhere lurking in your hood as I was there to check those cherries in dikgeroesde City Golfs, curiosity got the better of me..... but when I read further it turns out it must have been my brother because I'll never ever wear colours, especially not from some Half-Tractor chapter!
Phew, thank Dog for this, I'd not have liked to explain my presence there.... so now it luckily is a secret still (y)
And you're right about it being misty & all - because I never saw those cherries because the windows of all those Golfies were dik gemis!
Oh well, they were been vaping I reckon, or sucking a big hubbly - big yes because as said, couldn't see a thing!

Braai & wyn vanaand, lekker weekend!

Buddy

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650L
I bid you all a Good Morning,

Yes, it's kak early in the morning, and it's wet outside. These rolling blackouts are causing all types of havoc with sleep patterns and electronic devices. Soon I'll have to appeal for a donation of a UPS, but on second thoughts, I'd much rather have a XR600R to stand next to the Red Rooster (Louis Xanado I'm watching you!). I equate the XR600R / XR650L relationship like having a slightly muscular but thinner older brother that is a bit of a gym fanatic. One that when he finds out you are being bullied, jumps in and causes all kinds of mayhem and then walks away with the bully on the ground crying and winks at you. Ja Boet, you are still the oke! Muscular right leg and all. Of course, the rules change with the 650R, that's the demented younger brother, that seems to be on "speed" all the time, and wouldn't stop moering the bully until the oke is unconscious with broken bones, and then walks away laughing hysterically. He has a permanent limp on his right leg because of the muscles. That relationship needs a bit more maintenance.

The other day I went down to Paarden Eiland to get some fasteners on the Red Rooster, and it was such a glorious day with the sun beating down and the seagulls kakking on everything, that I rode along Marine Drive towards Blauwberg and then thought "what the hell" and carried on to Melkbosstrand, and stopped there for a toasted sarmie while I checked out Koeberg in the distance parking and doing nothing to help the shortage of electricity. Melkbos was looking a bit tatty on the beachfront after the hoards of people that pull-in and just chuck their rubbish down and don't clean-up after themselves. The two council workers were dragging big bags of rubbish that they had already collected. I think the oke that perfects a power station that runs on rubbish will have a winner because there will be a never ending supply of fuel to power it - of course the opportunity to make indecent amounts of money from tenders (like what happens from coal suppliers) won't be there, so it won't be popular with the thieving politicians, ne Gwedi.

I digress, after Melkbos I hung a right to Philadelphia and took in the sights of rolling fields of yellow, the canola is in blossom (check what I did there!) and patches of green wheat fields that are still growing. After crossing the single lane bridge it was another right on the road that comes in at the top of Durbanville past the wine farms with the vines being prepared for the new season of growth. Then it was a hop to Kraaifontein and home.

It was at this point I realised that I actually hadn't stopped to get the fasteners in Paarden Eiland. Oh well! More' is nog 'n dag. Maybe I'll go via Villiersdorp to Paarden Eiland next time.

Lekker Friday Everyone!

PS Go Bokke! and then a breakfast braai on Sunday for the MotoGP in Japan - Lekker!

LouisXander

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
Well described the xr600r Buddy!!

Except a well tooned xr600r just maintain calf muscle, not expand it, especially if you're over 45🤣😂😅

LouisXander

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
And mine does have a Tm38 😂🤣 now I know why my kids always said I had good looking calve muscles...

It was the bloody 600!!!

Buddy

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650L
So Dear All,

The rolling blackouts continue to play havoc with our daily lives and the rearranging of our lifestyles to cope with the dreaded "click". This is why I'm doing this now, which some might think is a tad early, but my electricity will be off from 4am to 6am tomorrow morning. Not that I wont be having my 5000volt coffee at that time, because I've been using my 2 burner gas stove for months now instead of my stove. I've also got a whistling kettle that gets the faithful hound going when the water boils. Also my gas lights make my house a shining beacon when all is dark around me. There's something really comforting sitting and reading in the warm glow of a gas light. Takes me back to the days when I used to spend my school holidays at my uncle's farm near Maclear in the mid to late 60's.

The other day I discovered that Louis Xanado (yes, the oke that keeps a lonely XR600R hostage in his garage) lives in Glen Marais, a suburb of Kempton Dark. Now that took me right back to January 1980 when a bunch of young okes arrived a Kempton Park station after being transferred up to JSA from East London. There were bugger-all flats to rent because the Atlas imports had taken them all, so 4 of us rented a house, no.7 Raasblaar Ave. Glen Marais ext1. The roads were all still dirt, and they only tarred them later. We turned the house into a commune, much to the distress or amusement of the neighbors depending on how close they lived to us. Needless to say the lease wasn't renewed by the owner. So Louis, I was there vroeg already!

We've had some warm weather over the last few days, so I grabbed an opportunity to gooi down to Woodbridge Island to see what the city was doing with the sand reclamation that has moved down the beach from Blauwberg. When I arrived there, it was equinox high tide, and the sea was breaking right up to the steps in front of the lifeguard clubhouse. There were a few very wet people who had decided to take a walk along the beach.
On the way back, approaching Tikkiedraai from Table View side, a dude on a DR 650, which was a bit smokey decided he was going to show this oke on the XR how to go up the pass, and kept on looking back over his right shoulder only to find said oke sitting right behind him. Rule no.1 don't keep looking over your shoulder if you skeem you are the man. When we got to the actual Tikkiedraai, he braked a bit early and was then shocked and horrified that this oke went around the outside of him which meant I had the inside for the next bend and there was really nothing he could do but listen to the Bbbbrrrrrraaaaap of the FMF as I edged away up the final part of the hill. Hats off to him, he did at least wave as I stopped at the robots and he had the arrow to turn right to Tygervalley. Luckily my helmet hid the grin. It was a lesson I learnt a very long time ago - don't assume big okes can't ride bikes.

You All go and have a Lekker Friday! MotoGP on Sunday Morning, and our Brad's on a roll!