Lesotho again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgy

Bachelor Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650L
Some very belated "test" pics

Attachments

• andrescamerapics07 267 small.JPG
    andrescamerapics07 267 small.JPG
    91.1 KB
a rocky start
...but a start none the less ;D ;)

thanks, got more? story?

Us " Grahamstown Greyhounds" took an awesome cruise up to spectate the Roof in Nov last year-sorry old news.

Hi Edgy,

Any problems with the topbox and shaking loose on the rocky stuff? Anything damaged inside?

Lets see a trip report then ??? ??? ???

Never had topbox hassles yet-keep tools,tubes,tyre-levers,first-aid kit etc in there,kinda like a boot.I always pack old rags on top to keep it all snug :)

Carnivore said:
Hi Edgy,

Any problems with the topbox and shaking loose on the rocky stuff? Anything damaged inside?
I don't think they did "rocky stuff" like you see on the first pic?  :eek: The gravel roads around there are not too bad, however if your top box is not packed and tied down properly, it will fall off eventually.  :-[ Just depends on how fast you go.  Packing is critical, if stuff bounces around in there, it does not last.  I have 6 x M6 eyebolts with fender washers in mine, use them to tie stuff down inside the box.  Then a strap over the top to assist the mountings with holding it on the bike.  8)

Now tell us a bit more Edgy.  Where did you go, sleep over, etc.  The Roof last year created many stories worthy of telling, you must have one too!  ???

Slash, see https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=15334.0

Sorry for the hijack Edgy!

No worries,we rode up from Grahamstown via Barkley pass,over Ludeans nek,along the Tule river and into Lesotho-awesome trip.We stayed at Ramabanta,which was the DSP for the race.On the friday it rained like i have seldom seen before,and i was indeed very happy that i had decided to spectate this event for a change-after having competed in the previous 5 years.Ramabanta itself had some great spectator points,which we took advantage of(with the weather),on the sat we rode up the lower portion of Baboons to check out the guys coming down and then took a spin to Semongkong to see the spectacular waterfall.All in all a really good trip which i would like to repeat again this year.I will still try and post a few more photo`s. SGB while we were doing the hectic dirt stuff the topbox and tank-bag stayed at the lodge-i`m sure otherwise it may have been a problem-i love real offroad stuff ;D

Edgy, nice trip.  I once tackled a section of the Roof route from Ribaneng to Ramabanta on the 950, and ended up donating lots of sweat and taking some pain.  The mountains won, but we came out in one piece - only just though..... ;D  Local power with towstraps saved the day.

roof1.jpg