Lesotho trip. June 2014 long weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikie

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Neary85 has begged and pleaded and he actually managed to make the seed grow, he wanted me to go do a trip through Lesotho with him and after month of turning him down it seems we will be doing it in June, Its going to be piss cold. I am fearing the worst with the cold actually.
The two of us and will be joined by Orko and possibly one or 2 others who have been invited. Now including JMass as well  :3some:

We're planning on leaving on Thursday and head for the Midlands, looking at possibly staying at Woodstock dam, Spioenkop dam or perhaps Winterton on the first night

Second day we head south towards Himeville and up Sani pass spending the night at the top of the pass.

Third day we are going through Lesotho via the Chiefs trail to Katse Dam. spending the night there

Fourth Night out of Lesotho to Clarens, staying there the night

Fifth day we head back home, ready to go back to the salt mines on Tuesday.

Tips and advice is more than welcome. I am concerned of snow hampering our rides.
We do need places to stay, what places can be recommended, cheap but comfy, we only need warm beds to sleep in. Backpackers and dormitories could even suffice for us.
Can anyone recommend places around Spoienjop/woodstock/Winterton?
I was thinking of Sani Backpackers on day 2
Places in Katse?
Places in Clarens?

Latest posts