Let us assist a fellow biking lady if we can

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyre kicker

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
I would like to ask for assistance from this biking community for a really good cause and for a person in dire need.

I would like to state upfront that I was never asked for assistance of any kind however I have decided to post this request and serious need for assistance on this forum myself.

Last week I was Gout ridden and not being able to drive I ordered gout medication to be delivered to my home.

The elderly European lady that delivered the medication arrived on a SYM scooter that her employee supplies her with to do all their deliveries for them however I was absolutely shocked and taken back with the appalling death trap that she was wearing as head protection.

It turns out that she had previously been in a serious accident whilst doing her deliveries and was wearing a helmet that was many sizes to big for her head.
During this accident she suffered a severely broken arm which had to have several operations and also several injuries to her legs.
The full face helmet she was wearing then and now was actually cracked into three pieces on the chin area and it was now taped together with clear Sellotape and padded with toilet paper .
The helmet was also way too big and hence it was stuffed with tons of tissue paper inside the helmet.

I asked her why she would be using such a dangerous and damaged helmet and her reply was that she had no choice and could not afford another helmet.
I questioned how her employer could allow her to use such a death trap helmet whereby she replied that her boss simply did not care as he would not spend any money.
I happened to know who her boss was and I also knew he owned several businesses and had no financial difficulty either and hence I offered to give him a call in order to inform and advise him of the consequences of her being in another accident again.
She immediately pleaded with me NOT to mention it to him as she was terrified of him and did not want to lose her job.

She also showed me her scars on her arm and legs from her accident last year.

I asked her how she could see out of her helmet seeing that it was also 3 sizes to big for her head whereby she replied " 'n Vrou maak altyd 'n plan"

I paid for my meds and asked her what her actual helmet size should be but she did not exactly know either.

I fetched my wife's dress making tape and measured her head and told her that she should be wearing a size small adult helmet as her head size was 55cm in circumference.
I asked if I could take a photo of her helmet and her bike and her arm in order to show my wife and she agreed but again pleaded with me not to call her boss or company which I gave her my word I would not do.

We then said our goodbyes and I hobbled indoors only to inform my wife of what I had just witnessed and how little people sometimes make do with despite having all the odds stacked against them.

I have a motocross helmet that I could give her but I do know that it is the incorrect helmet for the job hence I am requesting some assistance from my fellow friends on this forum as I would on behalf of all of us on this forum like to gift her a good condition used or new helmet that could save her life in future.

I will personally contribute and hence I would like to know if there is someone out there that has a size small adult full face helmet that they can afford to donate or sell at a reasonable price or if we can raise enough funds through donations in order to possibly purchase a helmet from a vendor on this forum perhaps

I will post the pics that I took and you can decide for yourself whether this would be the right thing to do for a very very good cause.

I will also supply all her details later on however she is terrified of her boss finding out as she is convinced he will fire her if he knew she had mentioned it to me.

Please let me know if you are able to assist in this matter.(y)

Attachments

• Helmet.jpg
    Helmet.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Helmet2.jpg
    Helmet2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Helmet4.jpg
    Helmet4.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Helmet3.jpg
    Helmet3.jpg