Life in the Garden route......

Wild Dog Adventure Riding

Help Support Wild Dog Adventure Riding:

Chrisl

Teelhond
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I better post this here as well before one of the local knife makers stabs me for posting this in the knife making thread :ROFLMAO:
I received a WA Video showing a funny whirligig and I decided to give it a go, I did try searching for Templates but to no avail so I had to wing it, draw free hand and steal with my eyes from the video, it will never be on the same level as a wooden Landrover, but good for a laugh, and it actually worked too.
I drew the body shapes by hand, you may notice that I am no Michaelangelo but you can see its a person, after cutting out the shapes on cardboard I assembled them all to make sure it works before wasting my time and wood.

View attachment 801400

View attachment 801406

Once it was proved to work, I drew the figures on Coreldraw to cut them out of vinyl, which would make it easier to cut out. Now I dont have a laser or CNC so my Jigsaw would have to suffice.
For the crank I used a piece of wire, bent it as straight as I could with the required bends of course and assembled all the bits again, once I was happy with it all I pulled it all apart again and painted them all up before reassembling again and hoping that the wind will actually turn this thing.

And it did, my laughter shows how surprised I was that it actually did work

View attachment 801407

And no Essbee, this doesnt take up my riding time, this was done when I wasnt able to go riding 🤪
Now this is "fynbrag" on "fyndraai"!!!!;)
I dare you put that up at your entrance to your property and a sign saying "Maaikie's Sexshop" That is how Ronnies sexshop started and look how rich he is today!!:p

Mikie

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Now this is "fynbrag" on "fyndraai"!!!!;)
I dare you put that up at your entrance to your property and a sign saying "Maaikie's Sexshop" That is how Ronnies sexshop started and look how rich he is today!!:p
No, flip it, Chris, what am I going to do with so many panties and bras? :LOL:

Mikie

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Not sure that its unique to the Garden route but 2 weeks to the day, and my New ID is now also ready for collection, Passport was ready a week ago.
Efficiency makes me happy 🕺

DirtyTeNeReLess

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7

Mikie

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Wonder where they coming from?

My guess is, mainly from KZN, I have met a few semigrants down here that moved from KZN.

DirtyTeNeReLess

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
Interesting to see, after the dust settles which way it will be, probably about the same, small town living is better and it's great to see happen, for years everyone was trying to live on top of each other.

dookie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
My guess is, mainly from KZN, I have met a few semigrants down here that moved from KZN.
Most likely.
I have been watching property availability in Zinkwazi for the last year.
Before the kak hit the fan in KZN, there were no properties up for sale, now they are aplenty.

Mikie

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Most likely.
I have been watching property availability in Zinkwazi for the last year.
Before the kak hit the fan in KZN, there were no properties up for sale, now they are aplenty.
Probably more in your budget as well

Mikie

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Something a little more exciting on this Thursday.
Ou Poot is the last of the Knysna elephants and he is occasionally still spotted, he was spotted yesterday in the Farleigh forest, about 14km from my house.
Sad to know that when he is gone, it will be the end of the knysna elephants.

View attachment VID-20221117-WA0046.mp4

TheBear

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Something a little more exciting on this Thursday.
Ou Poot is the last of the Knysna elephants and he is occasionally still spotted, he was spotted yesterday in the Farleigh forest, about 14km from my house.
Sad to know that when he is gone, it will be the end of the knysna elephants.

View attachment 803083
I thought it is a she?

Mikie

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I see you arent familiar with the movements around here, FIRST the Swallows arrive, and have they arrived, you see them all over, they stick out like a sore thumb, usually they just look different, I saw this young lady in Spar the other day, I started down an isle and saw her standing trying to decide what sweets she wanted, but holy crap, she was about a half a head taller than me, and I am not a shorty. Then you hear al the foreign accents in the shops,
There are many many foreigners all along the south Cape coast, they come here around Oct Nov and stay till April usually, then go back to Europe (Usually) or whatever country they came from for the summer there.
And well then the vaalies and Vrystaaters arrive, and they have started arriving, many more GP plates on the roads around here, also many many more speed traps and road blocks happening, Swambo even drove through a roadblock last week before Midday, where some of the officers had vests saying "Random Breath alcohol testing"
Yes I have said it before, they dont mess around here. Tow the line or you will get problems

Mikie

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I thought it is a she?
Crap, I thought it was a HE, I am sure I read an article that indicated this, but seems I was wrong,
Thanks Bear, I owe you a tequila
Ou Poot is a She, surely they could try inseminate her, but maybe 49 years old is too old for babies

DirtyTeNeReLess

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
I see you arent familiar with the movements around here, FIRST the Swallows arrive, and have they arrived, you see them all over, they stick out like a sore thumb, usually they just look different, I saw this young lady in Spar the other day, I started down an isle and saw her standing trying to decide what sweets she wanted, but holy crap, she was about a half a head taller than me, and I am not a shorty. Then you hear al the foreign accents in the shops,
There are many many foreigners all along the south Cape coast, they come here around Oct Nov and stay till April usually, then go back to Europe (Usually) or whatever country they came from for the summer there.
And well then the vaalies and Vrystaaters arrive, and they have started arriving, many more GP plates on the roads around here, also many many more speed traps and road blocks happening, Swambo even drove through a roadblock last week before Midday, where some of the officers had vests saying "Random Breath alcohol testing"
Yes I have said it before, they dont mess around here. Tow the line or you will get problems
It's all good! The more the merrier, Gauteng is not so bad in December. 😄

Mikie

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
It's all good! The more the merrier, Gauteng is not so bad in December. 😄
When I lived there, I had the same thinking, its quieter, hardly any traffic, and good weather, however, then I moved down here. :cool: