Looking for a Ben10 Weapon - R20k-R30k shortlist below (found one, sorted!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lem

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hi fellow dogs

After two bike less years I have committed for an upcoming bucket list Ben10 trip.

I know my riding fitness and skill level so I intend on keeping it light & will possibly trailer a bike to somewhere in the Eastern Cape.

I have no intention of proving anything to anyone or trying to wrestle a big 1200 over those mountains. I am going for the camaraderie & the scenery & to experience that wonderful part of our country. Ek wil nie fokken sukkel nie. Ek wil nie val nie, ek wil nie eers omtiep nie. Ek wil sover moontlik op my gat sit en blomme kyk.

The Shortlist:

BMW F650GS or GS Dakar.
Kawasaki KLR

If I find any of these two above I will extend my trip and ride up from Cape-Town & back and make a moer of a road trip out of it.

But I am open to any of these below as well which I will trailer there & back and really enjoy the technical bits on.

Yamaha XT600E - like them a lot  :thumleft: might even ride it there & back
Suzuki DR650 - might also ride it there & back. Almost bought one a week ago, but it was a kickstart only model
Yamaha TTR250 - have always wanted one of these, this is the one I want most and I will keep it for many years if I find one. 
Suzuki DR200/DR250
Honda CTX200 Bushlander
Honda XR250 Tornado
Suzuki DRZ400

I want to look back one day at nice photographs and enjoy the memories made. Therefore the bike has to look a bit "plaas scrambler".  A Kawasaki KLE500, Honda Transalp, BMW Funduro will all fit my budget & do the trip with ease & comfort but I hate how they look and they don't stir any adventurous emotion with me.

So if any Wilddog knows where I can find a good one of any of the bikes on my list, please feel free to comment and put me in touch with the potential seller.

This thread is not a debate on which is best, I will gladly purchase any nice examples of the ones above and make it work for me :thumleft: