Looking for good (not super expensive) touring boots - any help appreciated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlowPoke

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Ok, I did search the threads for advice and the best advice I found on a thread from 2006 - namely OXTAR Infinity boots.

My question now is can you still get these boots? AT what cost? Where?

Also any advice on alternatives would be appreciated.

I currently commute with VIXEN boots and they are comfy and good looking enough that it has become my shoes at work. I like their price and service as well. The VIXEN's though do not have ankle support or toe support etc so I am loathe to rely on them for long distance (any distance in fact) touring. They are fantastic commuter boots but I do not think great touring boots.

I am looking for affordable touring boots with an articulate heel. I simply cannot get the hang of gear changes with MX boots and can hardly walk in them also. So the boot must allow vertical flex in the ankle but with hard anti lateral flex support. A toe and heel protector would be nice but I hate the look of steel caps on boots - too benoni for my liking... I prefer very tall boots coming high up on the shin - flying rocks being a driving factor here as well as comfort. Waterproofness would be a great bonus - a must I am lus to say.

Think that covers most bases. Any advice?