Magalies Sun20th NOT.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules

Race Dog
WD Vendor
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
I wake up at 6am and take a look outside, Heavy weather but no rain.
Hmmmmm. I think it will be ok.

We set of for the oaktree garage at 6:30 alls well, about 1km from oalktree is starts POURING down.
we pull into the garage rather wet. I was surprised most of the people actually made it.
After some coffee and an hours wait the rain just wont let up so we decide to ride to the closest Wimpy for some breakfast and then head home.
Not the ride I had in mind but it was still fun, Its amazing how the right group of people can cheer up even the k@kest conditions.

Was chatting to Li on the way back and thanks to our rain suits we were rather comfortable in the rain.

Meet up at oaktree and every Biker and Cyclist in the area is looking for shelter!

oaktree1.jpg

oaktree2.jpg

oaktree3.jpg

oaktree4.jpg

It was coming down hard
oaktree7.jpg

Outside the Wimpy my Banana Claws outfit was scaring Paul!
oaktree10.jpg

The Gang
oaktree11.jpg

Aaah don't we look sweet!
oaktree12.jpg

JourneyMan said:
Closest bar would have been a good option.

Het JM those rain suits wouldn,t show the stains when you spill your green "fruit juice"??

Welsh  8)

Hey, the riding was wet, but at least the breakfast was good.... Thanks Jules!!!  Maybe next weekend we'll have some sun shine!!    :D

Welsh said:
JourneyMan said:
Closest bar would have been a good option.

Het JM those rain suits wouldn,t show the stains when you spill your green "fruit juice"??

Welsh  8)

Luckily it's mostly in a sqeeze bottle so no spillage allowed! :eek: :biggrin:

Sissies?  House Dogs?

Where are your ride reports for yesterday?

;D

Ons het gery maar ons was al twee wat "rainsuits" gehad het die res was pap sop nat to hulle by oaktree aankom.
50 Killos in die reen is meer as genoeg dankie ;)
Anyway Li begin maar noe eers gemaklik word op grond sy was nie lus vir die modder monster nie.

Dis my verskoning en ek hoe daar by.

Jules

At least you guys tried, well done for braving this crappy weather

Jules said:
Sissies?  House Dogs?

;D
Look at the report on Saturday sand ride 19/01  ::) ::) ::) We WD's live for dirt.

Jules said:
Sissies?  House Dogs?

;Here is some pics of Saturday. Go check the rest out, ;D ;D ;D ;)

Attachments

• DSC01795.jpg
    DSC01795.jpg
    87.7 KB
  • sand.jpg
    sand.jpg
    165.9 KB
Neem jou nie eers kwalik nie Jules, ek het laasjaar so n trip in reen en snot gehad, en dit was nie fun nie, dan bly ek maar eerder op teer as dit reen.

That why it is called dual sports - it rains you go on tar ;D Well done Jules and the gang for still going, I totally wimped out from riding due to the rain.

Jules said:
Sissies?  House Dogs?

;D

Went out to Thabazimbi by myself on a 60% tar / 40% mud trip ( but forgot the rainsuit at home - duh !)

Lost all my tools & mini compressor somewhere near a dam (not sure where) when the strap holding the toolbag snapped & I didn't notice

Had fun, got wet, avoided the donkeys/cows/goats/dogs/meerkats & didn't bin the scooter - what more can you ask for.

no pics - raining too hard to stop & Eff about.

WHS >:D
PS Varas on stock tyres do not like mud

No you all have me feeling like I let the team down :-[

But I'm itching to ride my KLR so no matter what I'm doing my trip on Sunday
Li said she will join but we will need to take it slow with the MudMonster.

Jules ;D