Metalworking, machining and welding DIY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fixit

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
Since there has quite a bit of interest in steel work, I decided to start a thread where basically anything involving building machines, tools or parts that can assist the DIY'er. 

The idea is that we can share ideas, techniques, designs and drawings. Sure, there is plenty on Y-tube, but most of it is fake and gives one false hope. The real guys on there don't share any sizes and tend to skip over the tricky bits, where they battle. Don't be fooled.

In my next post I will show the two 2 x 72 inch Grinders I just finished building, and hopefully will help out anyone thinking of building one. They look easy, but are definitely not.
I can on request show close up pics of the finer detail and all the pitfalls to expect along the way.

I would like to keep this thread free of any CNC work, unles there is specific parts of a project that will require it.

Oh, and lastly, the spell and grammar checkers are welcome, but not allowed to comment.  :biggrin: