Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650L
I've go Metzler Sahara's front and rear, and they work well on or off road

Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 600 Z
OK
I have 3 Candidated, want to get a rear tyre and get it done with.
Which one would you say...........??? I expect usage of, say, 40% dirt and 60% tar - but "narrow" tar backroads, ni highways, so my speeds will be (max) 120 or so on a good day.
Please tell me what you would get:

1) Karoo 3 again..............................................................R 1800 - Mixed Reviews. Limited Mileage. (Maybe) more Puncture prone than the rest.
2) Mitas E07+ Dakar......................................................R 2500 - Better Reviews. Limited Mileage. Stiff sidewall.
3) Motoz Tractionator Adventure.............................R 3000 - Good Reviews. Good Mileage. Good Tar AND Gravel manners.

????
leaning towards The Motoz?? I know its the most expensive BUT ja, expected mileage does seem better than the other two, and good grip, and also good (enough) on tar.
Im a VERY limited skills rider, and I would like as good a tyre as I can get on gravel, to sort of "compensate" for my limited skills. Do'nt think I have the know-how to ride a more street orientated tyre with confidence on mud/rain/loose gravel. I've noticed this with the old XT - with the 606 knobbies I immediately had a MUCH more confident time on gravel than I had with the EO7's it had on.
Thanks for viewing and assisting - in advance(y)

wjn

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
At the price of something like a K3, you may as well give it a try. If you don’t like it…after 5k km it will have done its job and you can replace it, and if you like it…well then you know. Personally, I have found the K3 to be a good tyre (I have no experience with the other options). Almal het ‘n opinie oor tyres, enigste manier is maar om te probeer en te kyk of hy vir jou werk.

Just as a side note…I once had to get a E07 rear off the rim…ek het opgegee en die ding na die tyre plek toe gevat.

wjn

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Seeing as I can’t edit: my rear has done 8k so far, can safely do another 1k I think. That is on a 990. Done Tankwa/R355/Karoo/Baviaan trips…no punctures so far, so I don’t think they are particularly prone to punctures.

AAK

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Karoo 3 was goed op teerpad,maar het nie lekker grip gehad op grond. Veral nie in draaie.Bygese dit was op ‘n 990 en spoed was meeste van die tyd bo 120.

My favourite voor tire is die Anakee wild. Dis soos die tkc maar loop nie so snaaks af nie.