Midweek Snack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stofstreep

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
Today was one of those days you just want to take the bike and ride.

So thatâ??s what I did.  ;D
I had to do some site/construction inspections on some projects, and after riding some of the Groot-Marico roads this past weekend, decided to take the bike again.
I wanted to take as much gravel as possible, and therefore mapped this route.

roetein1.jpg

I should have stopped for more photos on the first leg  :-[ , but I enjoyed the riding so much that I completely forgot.  ???
Rode past a quarry where they extract â??Leiklipâ? (Limestone?). No pics, but it gives me an excuse to go there again.  ;)

zeerustbergeas2.jpg

This is a nice view of the mountain range stretching from Groot-marico to Zeerust.
(S25 40.258 E26 18.666)

Now I travelled a bit on tar and no pics for this section.

armesonneblommegp3.jpg

At the first project(Central High) checked the foundations for the steel structure to be constructed.
(Poor Sunflowers)

Stopped at the local Co-op, and one of the local farmers stated to chat to me about bikes. We had a very nice conversation ranging from Enduro bikes to Cruisers.  :eek:
But at this stage I was starting to boil in my jacket and needed to get on the road.  :p

Took the Enselberg turnoff and had a very enjoyable ride on a surface ranging from a nice gravely surface to nice deepish sand and lekker erosion ruts.  8)

nicebergqd3.jpg

Had to turn around to get a nice pic of the mountains in this area.
(S25 22.060 E26 16.037)

This is really a very beautiful area, and there are photo opportunities around ever corner.

mooivalleicr5.jpg

mooivallei2xi2.jpg

Took these as I crested a hill this amazing valley opened up in front of me.
(S25 22.182 E26 12.562)

rotsewm0.jpg

Then had to snap a photo from the bottom too as the rock were just awesome.
(S25 21.282 E26 11.726)

And so onwards to the next Project (Willow Park).

hoendehokyx4.jpg

Here the contractor has already constructed the steel frame of the Broiler house.
Looks good.

Now its gravel all the way to Ramatlabama, and onto Mafikeng.

driff1ck7.jpg

Nice drift crossing a stream.
(S25 32.662 E25 56.791)

driff2gg5.jpg

And from the other side.

Once again a nice road with some fast and slow sections

vlakktesaa2.jpg

What a contrast to what I have been travelling trough all day.  :)
(Khunotswane village: S25 34.339 E25 49.837)

I decided to divert the long way around the Botsalano Game Park. I am very glad I did!!

elande1nj8.jpg

Net vir Kykdaar.  8)

baiebokkeej2.jpg

These Elande were standing still until I can past on the bike, and the started to â??migrateâ? ;D

botswanaaq9.jpg

Looking the other way you are looking towards Botswana.
(S25 33.038 E25 45.582)

bouvalxo9.jpg

bouvalbikesephm0.jpg

oldandnewsepyb6.jpg

Got a bit of a creative inspiration when I passed this place and had to take some pics.  ::)
(S25 31.782 E25 41.893 or S25 32.753 E25 40.409, Not so sure which is the correct one :eek: )

From here it was a quick trip to Mafikeng for some business and then on to home.

Total for the day 295 km
One tank petrol at R150
One awesome day.  ;D ;D ;D

Lekker ride stofstreep and thanks for the nice photo's. ;D

I am heading out that way in the near future for a typical "Kykdaar" trip - i.e. a scenic photoshoot on African time.

Perhaps we could hook up for something like that?

SSvery,very nice-hey i thought the new KLR`s only had an indicator issue,but it seems mirrors as well ;D

edgy said:
SSvery,very nice-hey i thought the new KLR`s only had an indicator issue,but it seems mirrors as well ;D
;D ;D
The mirror is not a KLR issue, its a rider issue ;D

Stofstreep said:
edgy said:
;D ;D
The mirror is not a KLR issue, its a rider issue ;D

Not to worry, poor Zonkie, my trusted and beloved steed, has the same "rider" issue along the left mirror side... ;D

Very nice report... Been a while since I was out in that area, really beautiful...

Time for a visit again me thinks.

Nice report there :thumbleft:

Really nice area to ride.
Good day at the office  ;)

Very NICCCE! Lovely place. Stoftreep, my mother-in-law lives in Lichtenburg, next time when we go there we must do a trip like that.