MINI RACE DAY. SATURDAY 14/APRIL/2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIMBO

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR350
I found a Race Track.  It can be best described as a bitumen surfaced tight Go-Kart track, or a Radio Controlled race track.  It requires a minimum of clearing, sweeping and painting.  It is situated less than 30km north of Fourways. 

I propose to organize a race morning on Saturday 14/April/2012.  It will be open to any bike that can loosely lay claim to being a Dual Sport or Adventure bike. 

The entry fee is either:- An owner operatered square mouth shovel, An owner operated industrial broom or 2 liters of white or yellow road marking paint (and brush).  It will take 4 people less than 1 hour to prepare the track.  I can bring a square shovel.

Programme:- Depart 19 Flamingo Avenue, Fourways at 08h15 (Coffee and briefing from 07h30). 
09h00; Start to prepare track.
10h00 to 10h20; Official practice (Clockwise).
10h20 to 10h40; Official practice (Anti clockwise). 
11h00:  Start heats.

Format; Heats will be decided on times for the sum of 5 laps clockwise and 5 laps anti-clockwise.  I anticipate two riders on the track simultaneously on staggered start times.  Will need 2 x time keepers.

Competitors are asked to bring the following; Checkered flag, last lap flag or bell, and stop watch (It is hard to read cell phone clocks in daylight).  Sandwiches, drinks, pillions, friends, spectators. 

I would be pleased to know in advance what items of the above you can assist with. 

There are no facilities at the track, but plenty of trees and long grass nearby. 

Thanks.